• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Buddhism

bupanishad2012

bupanishad2012

For those trying to find peace, I recommend Buddhism, especially Zen Buddhism. Buddhism believes that life is unsatisfactory (Dukkha), that all things are impermanent (Anicca), and that humans have no permanent soul (Anatta). The last thing needs some explication: We are not what we seem to be, but are a "bundle" (Skandhas) of feelings, emotions, character, etc. For those interested I recommend the following URL:

http://www.lioncity.net/buddhism/index.php?act=idx

A

Apotheosis

I like bits of it - I used to be into Zen - I don't agree with all of it.

112inky

For those trying to find peace, I recommend Buddhism, especially Zen Buddhism. Buddhism believes that life is unsatisfactory (Dukkha), that all things are impermanent (Anicca), and that humans have no permanent soul (Anatta). The last thing needs some explication: We are not what we seem to be, but are a "bundle" (Skandhas) of feelings, emotions, character, etc. For those interested I recommend the following URL:

http://www.lioncity.net/buddhism/index.php?act=idx

I have tried Buddhism.. but did not find it satisfactory to my mind... shall i try once again???:confused::confused:

bupanishad2012

bupanishad2012

I have tried Buddhism.. but did not find it satisfactory to my mind... shall i try once again???:confused::confused:
Only if you are willing (NOT a "true believer" which proves nothing). It's up to you. I found Satori and release from so many troubling things, and since Satori is not forever, I'm seeking my next Satori. Not Nirvana---that's for the end of all things, and I'm not ready for that yet. Nor did I give up my meds (except Seroquel). If you start reading into Buddhism and/or practicing it, don't be a dumbass who gives everything up at once hoping for a miracle. There are no miracles in Zen. Just lots of sitting and meditating. I am hopeful for you!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lone_wanderer Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 19