• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Broken glass Anxiety, please help

M

michaelw2112

Hey everyone, I used to post on these forums years ago. I remember getting some good responses from everyone so I wanted to see if I could get some help here. I have chronic Health Anxiety and OCD, I’m always obsessing over the fear of getting some kind of Cancer. I thought I had gotten better because some time went by without having a major issue. Just the general nervous feeling that everyone with Anxiety feels every day. It was not directed toward anything, sadly I have a new fear. I am making a connection based off of something I read a long time ago. Learning how people back in the day got got sick from Asbestos exposure, little microscopic fibers would get in their Lungs and irritate them for years ultimately causing Lung Cancer. I guess the body can’t rid itself of these fibers, now I have used this same concept with broken glass. In my last house we broke a window and little pieces got everywhere. I swept and vacuumed everything well but I later feared that when the glass broke there could have been little microscopic “Dust” particles that come out when glass splits or whatever. Please stick with Me here, I just recently had My first child. I’m afraid that by stepping on it that it will somehow stick to My foot and spread throughout the house ultimately being ingested by him or him sticking his fingers in My Mouth. Then I’m using that same Asbestos model here, the glass particles get stuck in our Mouth or Throat and irritate the tissue ultimately causing Cancer because the body could not rid itself of those either. I’m posting here because just the other Day a glass Mason Jar fell and broke in the bathroom while the door was shut. I’m afraid to go in there to even clean it up, In My mind those same particles shot out under the door when it split into pieces. So basically I already stepped on them and spread through the house, I know this may sound crazy but people with Health Anxiety and irrational fears will likely understand how One could come to this conclusion. Perhaps someone could explain how this is delusional or legitimate. When a glass bottle breaks does it only break into the pieces that are visible, I’ve cleaned up glass before just as I’m sure you have. It’s a combo of large and small pieces but they are all visible, any help is very much appreciated. I apologize for any spelling errors, I’m typing in a hurry. Thank you!

M

Murasakibee

Hey everyone, I used to post on these forums years ago. I remember getting some good responses from everyone so I wanted to see if I could get some help here. I have chronic Health Anxiety and OCD, I’m always obsessing over the fear of getting some kind of Cancer. I thought I had gotten better because some time went by without having a major issue. Just the general nervous feeling that everyone with Anxiety feels every day. It was not directed toward anything, sadly I have a new fear. I am making a connection based off of something I read a long time ago. Learning how people back in the day got got sick from Asbestos exposure, little microscopic fibers would get in their Lungs and irritate them for years ultimately causing Lung Cancer. I guess the body can’t rid itself of these fibers, now I have used this same concept with broken glass. In my last house we broke a window and little pieces got everywhere. I swept and vacuumed everything well but I later feared that when the glass broke there could have been little microscopic “Dust” particles that come out when glass splits or whatever. Please stick with Me here, I just recently had My first child. I’m afraid that by stepping on it that it will somehow stick to My foot and spread throughout the house ultimately being ingested by him or him sticking his fingers in My Mouth. Then I’m using that same Asbestos model here, the glass particles get stuck in our Mouth or Throat and irritate the tissue ultimately causing Cancer because the body could not rid itself of those either. I’m posting here because just the other Day a glass Mason Jar fell and broke in the bathroom while the door was shut. I’m afraid to go in there to even clean it up, In My mind those same particles shot out under the door when it split into pieces. So basically I already stepped on them and spread through the house, I know this may sound crazy but people with Health Anxiety and irrational fears will likely understand how One could come to this conclusion. Perhaps someone could explain how this is delusional or legitimate. When a glass bottle breaks does it only break into the pieces that are visible, I’ve cleaned up glass before just as I’m sure you have. It’s a combo of large and small pieces but they are all visible, any help is very much appreciated. I apologize for any spelling errors, I’m typing in a hurry. Thank you!
I know it's the OCD talking, but I doubt that you will get cancer from the glass but I do have advice on how to clean up all the glass even small barely noticable pieces!

So, this has always worked for my mom and she taught me to do this. Put on your shoes or an adult pair of shoes, sweep it us and then get a towel or several towels depending on how much glass. Wet the towels and then go across the floor, my mom always keeps get shoes on and spreads the towel with her feet. The towels will pick up all the pieces you can't see and then either throw out the towels and put then in a plastic bag if you think you can get the towels clean.

That's what we do and it always works. No glass pieces will get on your feet.

Z

Zoe1

hi Michael :welcome:

I used to get this
I recommend reading other peoples anxiety posts
and trying to answer them

it worked for me ...

:grouphug:🍀🎹🐢