• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Broaching with GP

M

Miss_rivendell

Hi all, I posted a few days ago on the new members page that after some time and research I feel I have a binge eating disorder. One of my biggest fears is contacting my GP. I am already being treated for anxiety and depression, and through the past 12 months I've had several issues during this, my most recent is that I have an extremely low vit D level (due to CKD).

Because I don't have many binge sessions, i shop for binges, I eat things secretly, when my other half works nights I eat alone, and eat and eat. I hide food, I cannot share what I buy, I have to buy my family so they do not eat mine. I feel miserable after i eat, I feel like a failure, I hoard food "just in case", of what I don't know! And lots of other little things, and this has been like this definitely since my teens but since my late 20's into my early 30's. I feel like I am a drain, or that I won't be believed by them, or that because I don't fit all of the symptoms that I am just a fat over eater who hasn't got enough will power to help herself.

Sorry for the drivel, sometimes it's easier to write it out than let it fester in my own mind. Thanks for listening, I hope you're all having a nice Sunday 😊

bpd2020

bpd2020

You have symptoms of BED. You eat in secret, feel shame and guilt after eating and they indicate an unhealthy relationship with food. You are not a drain and you have every right to be heard and taken seriously.

M

Miss_rivendell

You have symptoms of BED. You eat in secret, feel shame and guilt after eating and they indicate an unhealthy relationship with food. You are not a drain and you have every right to be heard and taken seriously.
Thank you BPD2020, I will do my econsult tonight I think, I need get this ball rolling 😊

bpd2020

bpd2020

I hope your doctor contacts you soon and is understanding.

M

Miss_rivendell

Hi BPD2020, my doctor called earlier, and she was so lovely, didn't question me, just referred me straight to the right people. I feel so relieved, now just a waiting game 😊

bpd2020

bpd2020

This has made me so happy! I am thrilled your doctor is understanding. Well done for reaching out and getting help. That is so brave of you.

M

Miss_rivendell

This has made me so happy! I am thrilled your doctor is understanding. Well done for reaching out and getting help. That is so brave of you.
Thank you! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted, she sounded so concerned and asked if i was ok, i explained that its something I've grappled with for a long time, but because I'm not displaying the most obvious eating disorder symptoms, I never thought I had a problem. Then I watched that Freddie Flintoff documentary, and everything just resonated with me. 😊

bpd2020

bpd2020

It is so reassuring to hear your doctor was understanding. I heard freddie has bulimia but I have not seen the documentary.