• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bring back real life!!!

Zaz4

Zaz4

I am doing an online DBT therapy course with the NHS and its rubbish. Staring at a screen watching an out of sync video with someone I've never met in real life. No human contact no connection. It's cold empty and lacks any kind of genuine care in real life. As for the group sessions which are supposed.to build your confidence and help you interact with people ... wheres the interaction. I'm interacting with a computer and a wifi signal which.gives me headaches and sends my tinnitus through the roof. This way of dealing with mental health issues is so wrong on many levels it should be stopped. Still not to worry...my gp will call me tomorrow between 8am-1pm on the phone and make decisions about my mental health without even seeing me. Of course it's not my own gp who prescribed the medication or put in place treatment for me...its any random gp who is available that I've never even met before. Thanks NHS you're so thoughtful and caring...keep up the good work 👎👎

I

I_Was_Punished

I am doing an online DBT therapy course with the NHS and its rubbish. Staring at a screen watching an out of sync video with someone I've never met in real life. No human contact no connection. It's cold empty and lacks any kind of genuine care in real life. As for the group sessions which are supposed.to build your confidence and help you interact with people ... wheres the interaction. I'm interacting with a computer and a wifi signal which.gives me headaches and sends my tinnitus through the roof. This way of dealing with mental health issues is so wrong on many levels it should be stopped. Still not to worry...my gp will call me tomorrow between 8am-1pm on the phone and make decisions about my mental health without even seeing me. Of course it's not my own gp who prescribed the medication or put in place treatment for me...its any random gp who is available that I've never even met before. Thanks NHS you're so thoughtful and caring...keep up the good work 👎👎
well i've always been against these awful lockdowns. I think they are incredibly damaging in so many ways. But its no good, if we complain people say we don't care about spreading covid etc. The nhs was already shit long before this though and with mental health they are truly abysmal, woefully inadequate.

Zaz4

Zaz4

well i've always been against these awful lockdowns. I think they are incredibly damaging in so many ways. But its no good, if we complain people say we don't care about spreading covid etc. The nhs was already shit long before this though and with mental health they are truly abysmal, woefully inadequate.
I agree with you about the NHS but I do feel we need to complain and give our opinions or our voice will disappear forever.

hicks

hicks

Totally agree about NHS mental health services. I don't know how many millions they are spending on it, but IMO the whole thing should be scrapped, and that money go towards some decent therapists and treatment.
It's probably a question of funding. Not enough to retain good people, and provide a decent quality of service.