• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Breaks during episodes?

B

butterflykisses

Hello everyone, just joined the forum. My therapist and psychiatrist think I have bipolar II but I don’t think it’s an official diagnosis yet. I think they are right but I have some doubts about it.

is it common or normal at all if you still have “normal” spaces of time that occursin the middle of an episode? Say for example, there were two weeks of hypomania then one weekwhere things felt more stable but then another three weeks of hypomania.
Or if there’s certain times of the day that things are a bit more calm within an episode. Like today, I’ve felt very manic-y (with symptoms starting a week ago) and I was very much elevated even with no sleep at all last night and this late afternoon, feeling a bit more irritable. But then felt okay and just my passionate personality this evening. But we’ll see if I decide to stay up again tonight. There’s so much I want to do. Do symptoms have to be constant for the entire duration of the episode, or cane different symptoms come and go throughout however long the episode lasts.

thank you,
Butterfly.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

Taking a break
Do symptoms have to be constant for the entire duration of the episode, or can different symptoms come and go throughout however long the episode lasts.
they dont have to be constant

i have bipolar 2 for last 15yrs

unmedicated

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

Taking a break
Why are you choosing to be unmedicated?
ive always been a health nut my whole life and avoided drugs

plus im sensitive and can feel side effects more than some

im on lowest possble dose of seroquel, if it had less side effects i would probobly have raised it more by now. and might do so in future

K

keith74

is it common or normal at all if you still have “normal” spaces of time that occursin the middle of an episode?
I'd say so based on by wife's experience. She had an acute manic episode a few months ago that lasted 6-8 weeks. During that stretch, there would be some days where she seemed fairly calm and "normal" and I would think that the mania was starting to subside. Then the next day she would be back to being very irritable/angry and showing signs of mania again. The swings were drastic and often unpredictable - sometimes happening right in the same day despite no obvious triggers.