• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Breaking and entering.

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
I'am currently living in a bed and breakfast accomodation,basically a room with on suite,microwave,tv.

Some three months ago the previous occupant moved out of my room leaving a table and tv in the room.The landlady left them there and two months ago said he was coming to collect them.

This week while i was out she and somebody else entered my room and removed the table and tv.I was not told about this or given any warning about this.

Is this lawful,i'am having terrible trouble trying to get rehoused out of this place.

If anyone of you can advise me i would be extremly grateful,I am starting to lose my mind in this place but have no where else to go.

Last edited:
C

Cartman

Hey John

Alas as I understand it if its a bed and breakfast accomodation the owner of the property has the right to go in and out of your room at will while you are not there.

Obviously if any of your personal stuff is removed or interfered with then you have a case.

I`m sorry you are suffering like this, I wish you luck getting a better place to live.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Theres a housing crisis i could go on about my social housing, maybe i should be glad i'm not in bed and breakfast

Remember Tommy this chronic patient i knew at the start of care in the community, he had no wish to leave the hospital, when people like him said that it turned out it was a symptom and they were institutionalised

I'm glad i'm not in hospital but i'm not tommy after decades been chucked out to die

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Theres a housing crisis i could go on about my social housing, maybe i should be glad i'm not in bed and breakfast

Remember Tommy this chronic patient i knew at the start of care in the community, he had no wish to leave the hospital, when people like him said that it turned out it was a symptom and they were institutionalised

I'm glad i'm not in hospital but i'm not tommy after decades been chucked out to die
Cartman,Ramboghettouk thanks for your replies.

Cartman i think like you say it would be difficult to combat the intrusion from this landlord,but never the less laws should be tightened to stop this type of infringement,after all she wouldn't like me entering her quarters to search for something like cleaning materials for my room,then argue later because she was not there i had to gain entry.

There are lots of cases like Tommy, Ramboghettouk which is very sad to acknowledge.I think its high time that the british goverment started to treat single men equally especially regarding being recognised for housing.

Its complete eyewash how they can getaway with not having any responsibilities towards single men,whatever happened to equality.

This goverment and its predecessors should hang there heads in shame for its treatment of its own subjects,putting the needs of illegal immigrants before its own homeless is a classic example what a bunch of ballons they really are.:cool: