• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Break up help!

V

venusgarci

Hi, I am breaking up with my BF. I feel absolutely stupid that I feel so so so so bad. I know break ups aré hard for everybody, he looks sad but I am on the ves crying non stop, my eyes are hyper swollen, I can barely move. This is so hard. I live with him but I am moving asap. I am getting a new apartment and feel like I will rot in lonliness cause above all there's lockdown. I can not imagine myself alone day after day.

We aré breaking up because we fight a lot and we've has lots of problema cause he has been unemployed and money is tight (i dont want do diagnose him but he is probs narcisistic and very disfuncional).

I don't know how to stop crying or have hope.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
It takes time to get over a breakup, but always remember that you will still both exist in the world and may become friends one day. Even if you need time apart, time for yourself, it must be important to you to have made this decision for your own wellbeing, right now.

If he has some problems to deal with too, he will have time to sort those out, for his benefit.

I know some people help each other through life, but some of us need time to breathe and sort ourselves out.

You will be ok and he will be ok.

Are you both safe for tonight?

V

venusgarci

Thank you for replying. Yes, we are both safe. Im staying with him until I can move out.

P

Purpleplum

You'll be ok. Remind yourself of why you're leaving...Remind yourself that he won't change...Remind yourself that you deserve better. Remind yourself that it's ok to be alone and be happy and that there are others out there in your shoes.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello venusgarci. I think you are so brave for ending an unhealthy relationship. For those of us with bpd that is really hard as we will fight against being alone no matter what. You are doing so well to recognise the relationship is not right for you and to end it. It is not silly to cry and be in pain. A break up is painful. Being alone will be challenging but just take each day as it comes. In time you may want to date again.