Break up. Crisis.

M

Mizzgfab

Trigger warning
Crisis breakup
Hi .my partner of 2 and a half years left me a week ago because my moods and attacks and pushing him away have left him broken and he cant take anymore. Hes adamant theres no chance then at times he doesn't seem sure, this man has pushed me into employment into bettering myself he is a good good man. He says he loves me but I clearly can't change. I really believe I could treat him better but hes gone... he just came to collect his stuff and for about an hour he just held me so tight as I cried and he stroked my hair . Then he got horny and I pushed him off he apologised said it wasn't fair and left.

Why when he said it's over am I still clinging on he started by saying let's see how it goes but then I pushed and pressured and pushed and hes got more and more sure hendoesbt want me . He said I need time to sort my head out its like hes seeing if I can and may come back? I'm so confused the pain is unreal I haven't eaten today I feel constantly sick I just want my bear back

I am in a real state I dont know what to do Its now half term and I have to look after my 7 year old son and try and not let him see how broken I am which seems impossible I just want to lay in my bed and cry and sleep and never wake up

D

devo29

I kind of understand as my GF is pushing me away, she is not suffeign with any condition, our relationship is purly based on her 20yr old daughter gettign her own way and being happy, Sod our relationship,

and it is hard when as your bf, you try your best and get pushed back, like I am getting, and you do get fed up, I want to walk away from my gf, but I try and hang in there,

the difference is, you have a condition and your kid is 7, he should understand you are trying and doing your best and if it not god enough then try and move on, as hard as it is,

As you said he pushed you in to getting a job and bettering yourself, hold on to that and try and grow, What he did , you had in you anyway you just needed the push to get started, dont let yourself slide back, break ups are always hard in any shape or form but u will move on and meet some one else,

it's not easy on both sides, as I said above my gf is horrible to me and I am clinging on but sometimes it is best to walk away

Lostinthestatic

Lostinthestatic

This is such a tough situation, especially because you have a child. I can most definitely relate to you as my relationship has crumbled as well.

All I can say is that this will pass. As hopeless as it may seem at times, it will pass it will pass! Keep fighting for life, for your beautiful child, for yourself!

Do whatever you can to make it to tomorrow. I hope these don’t sound like empty platitudes, i know it’s never really that easy especially when you feel like you’re breaking. But always remember tomorrow will be a new day and it can be better.

It seems like he cares for you a lot, he is just hurt. If he does leave, time will continue moving and the world won’t end. It will not be easy. My boyfriend still cares for me but he is sick of me and he doesn’t understand how ill I am. And if I bring it up when he’s mad at me he thinks I’m making it about me or I’m using it as an excuse. I have caused him a lot of emotional turmoil, and he has said he needs some time away from me.

I feel alone and broken. But life keeps going so I have to keep going. For now I’m getting back into therapy, just holding out until I can have a session. Things get tough. But then they get better. It can be lots of ups and downs and I don’t know how to manage it all that well yet.

Good luck to you!!