• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Break down, frantic behaviour, psycho

A

_adam

I’ve been struggling the last week and had a frantic episode last night of bombarding my friend (my ex) with messages was various numbers and Instagram accounts to the point she felt scared and cut me off. I was messaging her, her sister, her mum, her best friends. I just couldn’t stop trying

I didn’t show her respect by doing that, I didn’t show respect to a woman. I wasn’t threatening but I was persistent after she told me stop. I’m ashamed of my actions and feel I need help. I’ve gone in on myself, not been doing the basics of eating and cleaning. I’m in the London area and need a mental health assessment

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Do you have a GP? That is the first place to call i think.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
In the past, i have deleted phone numbers and email address, deleted facebook and any other social media, until i was feeling better.

M

MouthyOne

Sorry to hear about what happened.

Balancing friendships and ex partners can be a tricky one emotionally. Sometimes emotions can come out in strange ways which can be exaggerated in heightened states.

A

_adam

It’s stalker behaviour I’m ashamed to talk to anyone about it.

M

MouthyOne

Counselling could help as you may need to find a way to move on from your life without your friend.

This is emotionally hard situation given it's an ex.

Try to focus on yourself and getting things in order, do you stay alone? There is nothing to be ashamed of here as it's a private environment with friendly people who will listen.

Not easy to talk about these things, understandably as it was more recently. Maybe writing it down would help remove it from your mind and get it onto paper.

The main thing is you are reaching out somewhere for help.

A

_adam

Counselling could help as you may need to find a way to move on from your life without your friend.

This is emotionally hard situation given it's an ex.

Try to focus on yourself and getting things in order, do you stay alone? There is nothing to be ashamed of here as it's a private environment with friendly people who will listen.

Not easy to talk about these things, understandably as it was more recently. Maybe writing it down would help remove it from your mind and get it onto paper.

The main thing is you are reaching out somewhere for help.
I have a flatshare but I don’t get on with my housemate at all to the point we don’t talk.

I just got frantic and messaged so much on fake accounts and numbers that I scared her and her family. She called me late at night to analysis me, she has worked in mental health and she is adamant I’m psychotic. I’ve spoken to friends today and they don’t fully agree, they think I need help but say that she had a part in this, shes messed you around and drove you to the brink. I just don’t know, my behaviour was unacceptable but maybe it’s a good thing that she’s out of my life for good and I’m not hanging as an option.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I have a flatshare but I don’t get on with my housemate at all to the point we don’t talk.

I just got frantic and messaged so much on fake accounts and numbers that I scared her and her family. She called me late at night to analysis me, she has worked in mental health and she is adamant I’m psychotic. I’ve spoken to friends today and they don’t fully agree, they think I need help but say that she had a part in this, shes messed you around and drove you to the brink. I just don’t know, my behaviour was unacceptable but maybe it’s a good thing that she’s out of my life for good and I’m not hanging as an option.
Do you have past impulse problems?

M

MouthyOne

Not a fan of labelling and it's better to seek solutions without preconceived opinions.

Never felt friends and exes work particularly well and the history is too close for her to analyse you I find.

Heart_moon

Heart_moon

I’ve been struggling the last week and had a frantic episode last night of bombarding my friend (my ex) with messages was various numbers and Instagram accounts to the point she felt scared and cut me off. I was messaging her, her sister, her mum, her best friends. I just couldn’t stop trying

I didn’t show her respect by doing that, I didn’t show respect to a woman. I wasn’t threatening but I was persistent after she told me stop. I’m ashamed of my actions and feel I need help. I’ve gone in on myself, not been doing the basics of eating and cleaning. I’m in the London area and need a mental health assessment
Possible solutions
  1. turn up at A & E
  2. call emergency services & ask for ambulance [or even police]
  3. find phone number for your local mental health services & tell them you need help & want a 'mental health assessment' to be carried out on you
  4. maybe turn to a kind neighbour for help to ring / phone out to get the 'right' help

A

_adam

Possible solutions
  1. turn up at A & E
  2. call emergency services & ask for ambulance [or even police]
  3. find phone number for your local mental health services & tell them you need help & want a 'mental health assessment' to be carried out on you
  4. maybe turn to a kind neighbour for help to ring / phone out to get the 'right' help
None are possible, too ashamed of what I’ve done.

Heart_moon

Heart_moon

None are possible, too ashamed of what I’ve done.
Well that's ok, these were solutions & ideas i have used or could use... to get a mental health assessment.

Do you still want a 'mental health assessment' or have you moved through this 'space' now ?

A

_adam

Well that's ok, these were solutions & ideas i have used or could use... to get a mental health assessment.

Do you still want a 'mental health assessment' or have you moved through this 'space' now ?
I don’t know. I think she’s called the police and is going to get a restraining order on me for persistent messaging from fake accounts and different numbers.