• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Braless around male housemates? Advice/opinions needed please

D

Danielleln

Hey people

I suffer from anxiety and a few other issues and now this has made me feel worse.

So i need advice/opinions PLEASE

I am studying and currently rent a room in a house that has 3 males. The guy I rent from and his son and another guy who rents the other room.

I would ideally rented a place with females but I needed a place urgently and this was all I could get on short notice.

The issue is, obviously its uncomfortable wearing a bra all day long so most of the time when I'm home, I don't wear a bra.

Admittedly I have a slightly jelous kind of boyfriend and when he came over the other night and noticed I wasn't wearing a bra, he kinda got pretty upset and went off at me.

I explained to him that its quite uncomfortable wearing a bra all day and night but he just doesn't understand because he doesn't have to wear one!

I do have prominent nipples, but I Dont think this really changes the fact whatsoever that I should be able to be comfortable at home.

What do you girls and guys think on the subject?

Its really really getting to me

Thanks!

Kerome

Kerome

As long as you're not topless I don't see any problem? But then I'm in the Netherlands and things are quite tolerant over here, the United States could be a bit different.

When In Rome

When In Rome

I would say it's pretty much all in your mind, that others are going to be concentrating on your chest all day long, braless or not. I'm sure they've better things to be getting on with.

I

Izera

Unless the housemates say something, do whatever makes you comfortable. If the boyfriend is jealous, tell him that it's his issue, not yours, and he needs to fix it.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

wear the bra, as perky as they are now those puppies will be down to your knees by 40. Then you will face a lifetime of back pain :(

Have you studied gravity?

I wear a bra every day of my life. No one wants my nipples poking their vision, nor do I want their vision poking my nipples.

I

Izera

wear the bra, as perky as they are now those puppies will be down to your knees by 40. Then you will face a lifetime of back pain :(

Have you studied gravity?

I wear a bra every day of my life. No one wants my nipples poking their vision, nor do I want their vision poking my nipples.

I actually saw an interview with a doctor who said that bras actually make breasts sag more. He said the collagen framework the breast tissue is attached to would keep them in place without a bra, but wearing one makes that same framework soft from lack of use so it won't work right.

He did say though that if you are a lady of size with multiple kids, it doesn't matter if you use a bra or go braless, those puppies are done for.

Maybe I'll do a Google search when I have time to see if I can find that article again.

Nikita

Nikita

Former member
I don't wear a bra at home either you are right it is uncomfortable to wear it all day long.
I guess it is right that so long as you are not flaunting your assets at the male members of the household on purpose,your boyfriend has no right to object,and I doubt the housemates will notice unless you are around them all the time.However if it worries you at all how about making sure the tops you wear are of thick material and cover up the offending nipples as well as can be and also none of your tops are see threw or light in color. That should sort it and in this weather you can wear cardigans too_Obviously I assume you are not wearing see through tops anyway.I guess your boyfriend is jealous and touchy about the fact you are sharing the flat with other males.But I assume you do care what he thinks and feels and don't mind appeasing him to make him less vexed by this,it doesn't mean though that you have to go back to wearing a bra.Don't listen to myths about your breast sagging,they all do that once you reach a certain age anyway,suffering the discomfort of wearing a bra every day for hours isn't going to change that.it is a myth going round to force women to comply with their oppression and discomfort.I may sound like a bra burning feminist but I reckon the women's liberationists had a good point,bras are bloody uncomfortable!Burn it!