• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

brain feels numb and dumb

C

christiaan

i stopped taking clozapine 10 weeks ago and last few days my brain feels empty and numb like I have a hard time thinking.I read online that my brain might lack dopahime which makes sense right.

Can this be something thats pernament

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

i stopped taking clozapine 10 weeks ago and last few days my brain feels empty and numb like I have a hard time thinking.I read online that my brain might lack dopahime which makes sense right.

Can this be something thats pernament
It could be withdrawal. Could be too much work, or stressful routine. Maybe go back on meds?

C

christiaan

No I am not going back on meds or taking any drugs ever again.I regret taking them in the first place.No this is not phycological.maybe this is the way my brain has been for years but on those drugs I did not notice it until now.

edit: notice it to this extent I mean

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I believe antipsychotics can reduce levels of dopamine so it might take some time for your brain to adjust back to normal.

There is a forum member who knows more about withdrawing from meds and so on, his name is lll ME lll

You might want to send him a PM?

Did you stop cold turkey or withdraw gradually?

There's some info on coming off meds safely here

Information on Coming Off Psychiatric Drugs

C

christiaan

I did not go cold turkey.Everything is improving though I am getting sleep most nights now except well 2 nights in a row they were interrupted sleep.Sleep 2 hours then fall asleep only to wake up again then fall asleep again.I do feel my best when I have slept like a normal person or some normal people because I sleep only 5 or 6 hours.

As I am typing these words I releasize how easy a a thing as typing has become.But I feel there is a lack of activity in my brain a part of my brain is basically dead also all the sounds the world has to offer is incrdible annoying.I dont want to go outside all those sounds people laughing or yelling or talking the constant car noises droning on and on and on.

I just want to get to the other side but I dont know what will be pernament and if I will ever have my normal brain again

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Sorry to hear you are struggling. Maybe you just need some time to recover. perhaps a lot of rest and recuperation?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
BEASTMODEWARRIOR can people control your electronics through their brain waves, or im i just delusion. Schizophrenia Forum 14
L Not sure what’s going on with my brain Schizophrenia Forum 16
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Please guys follow your heart not your brain, find your authentic self, do you understand this, your true self be your self all the time. Schizophrenia Forum 4
R latude altered my brain and changed my personality. Schizophrenia Forum 4
H I have a brain cyst Schizophrenia Forum 7
S Inhibition of the sensation center In the brain Schizophrenia Forum 2
M Brain blank Schizophrenia Forum 6
M Will Schizophrenia feel brain empty? what is it feel like? Schizophrenia Forum 1
M I can't use my brain anymore Schizophrenia Forum 17
wolram Broccoli sprout compound may restore brain chemistry imbalance linked to schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 4
N Dose each psychosis you have damage your brain? Schizophrenia Forum 8
S The compressed brain Schizophrenia Forum 11
boudreauj4 Loss of brain mass article Schizophrenia Forum 3
LORD BURT Do you think you have brain damage? Schizophrenia Forum 13
N When well does you brain give you some protection from old delusions? Schizophrenia Forum 1
T Brain Imaging (MRI) scans, under what conditions have they been done? Seeking Sources. Schizophrenia Forum 3
LORD BURT Scientists identify part of the brain that makes schizophrenia sufferers hear 'voices' Schizophrenia Forum 6
cpuusage Nicotine normalizes brain activity deficits that are key to schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
S are there ways to measure dopamine in brain ? Schizophrenia Forum 4
cpuusage The myth of schizophrenia as a progressive brain disease. Schizophrenia Forum 1
cpuusage Schizophrenia: Not A Brain Disorder Schizophrenia Forum 18
cpuusage Talk therapy strengthens brain connections to treat psychosis Schizophrenia Forum 45
F Nicotine Normalizes Brain Activity Deficits That Are Key to Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 6
cpuusage Is Schizophrenia Associated with Brain Volume Changes Independently of Medication? Schizophrenia Forum 3
sub123 Inner Dialogue/Brain chatter/Mind talk Schizophrenia Forum 14
cpuusage Damaging Chemical Imbalance Leads To Brain Rust, Contributes To Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 33
S I wanna shutdown my brain... Schizophrenia Forum 5
S Do they call it the century of the brain? Schizophrenia Forum 2
P They think my brain is sick still. Schizophrenia Forum 1
cpuusage A bug in fMRI software could invalidate 15 years of brain research Schizophrenia Forum 14
cpuusage The Myth of Schizophrenia as a Progressive Brain Disease Schizophrenia Forum 40
DavidJames My Brain is protecting me today Schizophrenia Forum 1
DavidJames Theory of dissociation as a natural function in the brain Schizophrenia Forum 2
F Is it all in the brain? An inclusive approach to mental health Schizophrenia Forum 5
P Brain tap. Im actually just a torture victim. Schizophrenia Forum 5
U Brain pokes me and moves around, Need a solution its getting out of control. Schizophrenia Forum 4
Gajolene Frontal brain wrinkle linked to hallucinations Schizophrenia Forum 1
cpuusage Yes, anti-psychotic drugs damage the brain. Schizophrenia Forum 24
Kerome Researchers at the University of Cambridge create brain training app Schizophrenia Forum 26
-Phoenix- Gray Matter Loss in Brain Due to Psychotic Episodes / Schizophrenia, Not From Medications Schizophrenia Forum 1
cpuusage Is schizophrenia primarilly a brain condition/disorder? Schizophrenia Forum 52
O Would increasing my Seroquel XR dosage from 300mg to 400mg help my brain fog? Schizophrenia Forum 3
Gajolene ‘Gluten Brain': Wheat Cuts Off Blood Flow To Frontal Cortex Schizophrenia Forum 2
SarahD Health and Wellness: when the brain is under attack Schizophrenia Forum 1
F A Multimodal Analysis of Antipsychotic Effects on Brain Structure and Function in First-Episode Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
cpuusage Brain Training May Help Calm The Storms Of Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
V i thought brain damage was permanent? Schizophrenia Forum 88
porkpie Nanobots re-wiring my brain activity. Schizophrenia Forum 5
F Smoking, schizophrenia linked by alterations in brain nicotine signals Schizophrenia Forum 5
F Brain Genetics Paper Retracted Schizophrenia Forum 5