• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

BPD???????

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Well I was at the pdocs on Thursday and noticed it said in my notes I have emotionally unstable personality disorder.
I've done a bit of research and I guess I do fit into the characteristiCs - well some!
Selh harm and suicidal thoughts
Binge eating
Emotionally unstable

But that's about it, I don't overspend, take drugs or drink or have sexual encounters, I don't have abandonment issues or unstable relationships.
Just wondered about people's thoughts?

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Oh I hear voices too and have psychotic episodes

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

If you don't feel as though the diagnosis is correct, then I say challenge it. Have you another appointment lined up with your pdoc? I would definitely bring it up and ask why they have given you that particular diagnosis. Discussing it further might help you to understand whether it's right or wrong and will give you a chance to put up your arguments against it, if necessary.

I wish you well.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Oh I hear voices too and have psychotic episodes
EUPD does include having "transient psychotic episodes" that usually are worse during times of stress.

Trouble is, it's a really difficult label to get rid of. :unsure:
You can make it known that you disagree and want another opinion if that would make you feel better, but in the kindest possible way, don't expect too much.
I've not shown "borderline behaviour" for at least a couple of years now, but still they won't change my diagnosis. :(

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Thanks for the replies, PC the pdoc didn't mention another appointment I don't think? I will bring it up if I see him again though.
SS - yes I read about BPD and transient voices, mine have been there for about 4/5 years now though - I also read in a physc journal that people with BPD often make up these voices for attention?!?!?!?! Wtf? Are people with BPD thought of as liars or attention seekers?