BPD symptoms

Heidrun

Heidrun

Hello quick question,

Is it common for someone with BPD to accuse others of having BPD as well?

Lunus

Lunus

Hello quick question,

Is it common for someone with BPD to accuse others of having BPD as well?

I don’t think accuse is the right word, it’s not a crime it’s an illness, but it’s perfectly possible that people you know exhibit BPD traits, although that alone would not be enough to ‘accuse’ someone. Perhaps you can give more context to your question?

H

Hail

I think you are referring to blame shifting, dont know how commun can be. Think it is possible especially if they have comorbid NPD.

Heidrun

Heidrun

I don’t think accuse is the right word, it’s not a crime it’s an illness, but it’s perfectly possible that people you know exhibit BPD traits, although that alone would not be enough to ‘accuse’ someone. Perhaps you can give more context to your question?
Your right, accusing is the wrong word.... can't really give in depth context. I am just not sure how to deal with people that have symptoms like this.

thank for your comment. :)

Lunus

Lunus

Your right, accusing is the wrong word.... can't really give in depth context. I am just not sure how to deal with people that have symptoms like this.

thank for your comment. :)
It is very difficult as emotions and moods change so quickly. You can only do your best.