bpd relationship problems

G

gothfordead

i am in a loving and healthy relationship which i would not trade for the world. my boyfriend and i love each other but lately we’ve been encountering some problems. he’s been insecure/upset and he had told one of my friends that he loves me, but not as much as i love him. i experience emotions very intensely so i understand, i even told him before that it was probably impossible for him to love me as much as i love him. but now i feel like i’m scaring him or pressuring him into feeling like he has to love me more. now i feel like it may be an obsession with him because people have pointed out that i constantly talk about him and how much i love him, but i just can’t help it. i can’t help but be infatuated and i don’t know what to do. i feel like a freak and that i’m making him upset.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

your not a freak i promise :hug:

has he told you he's uncomfortable with your intensity? :hug:

E

Edinscotbrit

i am in a loving and healthy relationship which i would not trade for the world. my boyfriend and i love each other but lately we’ve been encountering some problems. he’s been insecure/upset and he had told one of my friends that he loves me, but not as much as i love him. i experience emotions very intensely so i understand, i even told him before that it was probably impossible for him to love me as much as i love him. but now i feel like i’m scaring him or pressuring him into feeling like he has to love me more. now i feel like it may be an obsession with him because people have pointed out that i constantly talk about him and how much i love him, but i just can’t help it. i can’t help but be infatuated and i don’t know what to do. i feel like a freak and that i’m making him upset.
I would advise to concentrate on other things, other hobbies and not try to make him your whole world. That is very stifling and unhealthy.
Let him have space, take a few days not seeing each other and let things calm down.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I can empathize, I'm totally head over heels in love with my girlfriend, and it's a worry that my intensity is too much for her sometimes X