• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

BPD recovery??

B

Bane95

I cant stand BPD symptoms . Its a lot worse than depression. I have lost control over my emotions which are intense as the mood swings and impulsivity i have. And i feel a lot dumper with lower IQ sometimes and i dont know why. But im smart enough to understand my own symtpoms very clearly. I know what is what and i knew beforehand that when the doc said bipolar 2 i said no this is BPD. The best doctor of yourself is yourself. But i need to learn how to regain control over my emotions and how to become mentally stronger. Also , is it possible to recover completely??

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

I hope so. It is possible to have a long respite and to manage. Stress makes it difficult. I think it's possible to lessened the length of intensity but it's tiring.
Are you or have you received any treatment?

B

Bane95

I hope so. It is possible to have a long respite and to manage. Stress makes it difficult. I think it's possible to lessened the length of intensity but it's tiring.
Are you or have you received any treatment?
I am currently on low doses of mood stabilisers , anti psychotics and antidepressants but i never felt that they are helping in anything.

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

Research shows that BPD is worst in young adulthood and has a high chance of getting better (especially with the right treatment) over time. I'm 52 now and my emotions are nowhere near as unbalanced or intense as they used to be. I still have difficult times, but that's probably more down to menopausal mood swings now rather than the BPD. So yes, there is definitely hope.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

I am currently on low doses of mood stabilisers , anti psychotics and antidepressants but i never felt that they are helping in anything.
Have you ever received therapy or DBT? Back in 2004, I received DBT. It was very helpful.
It seems like it is much harder now to get a therapist that offers this. 😕

I

IndigoCorkscrew

Research shows that BPD is worst in young adulthood and has a high chance of getting better (especially with the right treatment) over time. I'm 52 now and my emotions are nowhere near as unbalanced or intense as they used to be. I still have difficult times, but that's probably more down to menopausal mood swings now rather than the BPD. So yes, there is definitely hope.
I find the opposite, my emotions are worse now than when I was younger, the difference is I suck them back in now, whereas when younger I let them out a little. People could see I was unwell back then, now I pretend I'm ok.
I'm glad you are feeling you have improved over time.

B

Bane95

Have you ever received therapy or DBT? Back in 2004, I received DBT. It was very helpful.
It seems like it is much harder now to get a therapist that offers this. 😕
I cant stand BPD symptoms . Its a lot worse than depression. I have lost control over my emotions which are intense as the mood swings and impulsivity i have. And i feel a lot dumper with lower IQ sometimes and i dont know why. But im smart enough to understand my own symtpoms very clearly. I know what is what and i knew beforehand that when the doc said bipolar 2 i said no this is BPD. The best doctor of yourself is yourself. But i need to learn how to regain control over my emotions and how to become mentally stronger. Also , is it possible to recover completely??
My father is 60 and has the same thing and he didnt get any better. For years he cant control his anger
I find the opposite, my emotions are worse now than when I was younger, the difference is I suck them back in now, whereas when younger I let them out a little. People could see I was unwell back then, now I pretend I'm ok.
I'm glad you are feeling you have improved over time.
the same applies with my dad. He is 60 and he still has uncontrollable anger . I remember growing up and hearing his shoutings every day . He really cant control his emotions and he is acting stupid. I dont want in any way to become like him.