• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Bpd psychosis & new meds

M

Magicmerlot

Hi everyone, not too sure if I'm posting in the right place, if not sorry & if someone can point me to the right place I'd be very grateful.

I have bpd & psychosis, been on seroquel for 16 years, I've been on 625 mg but over the past 10 weeks they haven't been working anywhere near as well as they should have. I had 2 lots of anti biotics in the space of 6 weeks which threw my meds out of kilter so I increased up to 675mg. This worked up to a point, I'm still having some low level symptoms so today I saw my psychiatrist & he's put me on amisulpride 200mg.
I'm to take this first thing in the morning & as time goes on reduce the seroquel & up the amisulpride. Dr says I'm going to feel some tiredness & this has me really worried; I have stuff to do in the day, not in the least take the dog out for his morning walk.

Do any of you have experience of amisulpride?

Thankyou in advance.

D

Dottyone

Former member
Hi everyone, not too sure if I'm posting in the right place, if not sorry & if someone can point me to the right place I'd be very grateful.

I have bpd & psychosis, been on seroquel for 16 years, I've been on 625 mg but over the past 10 weeks they haven't been working anywhere near as well as they should have. I had 2 lots of anti biotics in the space of 6 weeks which threw my meds out of kilter so I increased up to 675mg. This worked up to a point, I'm still having some low level symptoms so today I saw my psychiatrist & he's put me on amisulpride 200mg.
I'm to take this first thing in the morning & as time goes on reduce the seroquel & up the amisulpride. Dr says I'm going to feel some tiredness & this has me really worried; I have stuff to do in the day, not in the least take the dog out for his morning walk.

Do any of you have experience of amisulpride?

Thankyou in advance.

I dont have any advice but if 625mg the 25mg being prm i guess, dont let the drs put you to sleep chicken.

I am on 450 quitiapine/seroquel but instead of seroquel prm they gave me Promazine Oral.

It is an instant relief from my bad moods.

M

Magicmerlot

Hi hermit thanks for your message, the plan is to slowly come off the seroquel & go on to the amisulpride, tbh it's the sleepiness that's worrying me, I know it won't be forever, but it's still there.
Can I ask if by prm you mean a morning dose?