• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

BPD new to the forum

7953l

Hi, I'm very new to this. This is my first forum. I have been diagnosed with BPD, I have managed to hide and ignore this illness but it's now become visible and I can't hide it anymore. I'm trying to understand it all, when I'm good I forget there's anything wrong and tell myself I'm fine. I am far from fine and it's starting to effect my work. I've managed to push every partner away and a lot of friends throughout life. I think this is a starting point but I really need someone to talk too, I'm normally very strong but this past two weeks I've broke down crying, distanced myself from everyone and I'm over thinking/self districting. I feel like I'm completely empty and I feel like I will be single forever. I'm normally a very nice And polite person but recently I'm so very critical of everyone and everything.
Can anyone relate to this?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:
It's been 5 years since getting a diagnosis of BPD - a lot has changed since then, and I don't really feel the label is relevant any more. However, I do feel a lot of that is due to me now being resigned to the fact that I am a loner and probably won't have the friendships/relationship I dream of.
Our BPD sub-section is usually well-read and replied to, so feel free to talk more if you need to (though i'm not saying you have to stick to the BPD section, you're more than welcome to post where you please!). x

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
:welcome: to the forum :)

Yes, I can relate to distancing myself from people, and becoming over-critical of everything and everyone, and to overthinking/self-distracting. I hope joining here will be helpful, I'm sure you'll find support and understanding. If you have any questions about using the forum just ask, and we will do our best to help. There's a handy guide here as well, if you're new to forums, and this section has lots of useful info. It won't take long to get the hang of things :)

R

Rose19602

Hi and :welcome:
Pleased that you have found us!
There are lots of forums around, but this one is well moderated and full of supportive people.
You have chosen well.
Hope to see you around.
x

M

Mastiff mom

Dear 71539, I'm so sorry you are having a terrible time. I have felt the same way so know you're not alone. This forum is very supportive and I hope you will keep posting and explore the site. Hugs.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Though my diagnosis is bipolar and not BPD, I can relate to some of what you're going through. I don't think it matters how strong you are, there will be times when you can't hide how you're feeling and what you're experiencing. I hope you find the forum useful. There's plenty of support here.