• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

BPD.... Need some help

P

piratesysy

I've had the diagnosis of BPD for about a year now....

I have recently over the past 4 months managed my problem. I haven't had what I term "an episode" for about 5 months and I've not self-harmed in about 3 months.

I don't know why but I feel "an episode" coming on. I've been fine all day, went out for a coffee with some friends and on the way home everything just changed.

Once I got home I picked up my knitting and the negative thinking started.... Self harming etc.

I really don't know what to do, I've taken an anti-psychotic. I just feel that if I don't do something I'm going to loose it. I don't want to take an over dose, or self harm, I don't want to throw away all the hard work.

If anyone can suggest anything that would be greatly appreciated.

Pirate Sysy x

Q

quality factor

I've had the diagnosis of BPD for about a year now....

I have recently over the past 4 months managed my problem. I haven't had what I term "an episode" for about 5 months and I've not self-harmed in about 3 months.

I don't know why but I feel "an episode" coming on. I've been fine all day, went out for a coffee with some friends and on the way home everything just changed.

Once I got home I picked up my knitting and the negative thinking started.... Self harming etc.

I really don't know what to do, I've taken an anti-psychotic. I just feel that if I don't do something I'm going to loose it. I don't want to take an over dose, or self harm, I don't want to throw away all the hard work.

If anyone can suggest anything that would be greatly appreciated.

Pirate Sysy x
hi Pirate Sysy, I too have BPD and can recognise when I am having an episode. Sometimes I give in and self-harm, other times I really have to fight the negative emotions until it wears off...that's the hard part.
You are showing signs of some positive thinking by what you say. The best thing that I do is try to divert the intrusive thoughts by doing something that i can get involved in...usually Laptop,music etc.Like you my mood can change in what seems like an instant, My CPN says there is always a trigger for mood change no matter how great or small. I try also to identify the trigger and try to put it right. In my case it is a very hard thing to do and takes practice.
Hope I might have helped a bit...stick with it!:)