• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bpd & mbt.

M

maggiex

So, I have bpd and my psychiatrist has referred me to three sessions of MBT (mentalization based therapy) with a psychotherapist. Two were individual, lasting 6 months each and one was group therapy, lasting 13 weeks.
None of them have worked for me.

Just wondering if anyone else with bpd has had MBT and if it helped them?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

No, I haven't even heard of MBT before.
But wanted to say good luck and that I hope it helps.
Please keep us posted with your experiences of it - i'd be really interested in knowing what MBT is like.

A

anklebiter

I was supposed to do 6 months worth of group mbt last year but I dropped out after 6 weeks. It was awful, I very rarely spoke because there was more dominant and stronger group members than me, then when I did manage to talk I was ignored by both staff and group members. I tried to tell a member of staff how I felt but she said I needed to push myself forward like everyone else. I never gained the confidence to do it. I wasn't permitted to do individual mbt as I needed to learn to cope with being in groups.