BPD gifted?

G

Girl interupted

When I read through the article it struck me that this type of empathy is not some magical gift, but rather just another byproduct of survival skills for children of neglectful or abusive parents.

If you are highly attuned to your abuser’s moods you can avoid triggering them. That skill later plays out in life as empathy and high intuition, because you automatically learn to read body signals from just about anyone.

megirl

megirl

I really enjoyed reading this.
Its a curse and its a blessing.
Dealing with the pain and anguish of the disorder can be almost unbearable at times.
Its nice to know that we are gifted with such an empathetic and caring nature.
That we are unlikely to deliberately cause another's pain.

One of the strengths of mine that helped me get through my childhood was this ...what I thought when I looked at my mother was 'I will never ever be like you' its amazing but it helped get me through.

I enjoy doing for others, I love making a difference. As a nurse I picked up on a lot of things others may never have noticed through pure intuitiveness. I loved that part of nursing.
I can almost automatically feel someone's emotional pain.

4EVRHSP

4EVRHSP

This sounds mean but sometimes i wish i could be the one giving hurt in life rather than getting it all the time. I'd rather just be the one dishing it out and being thick headed / skinned to not feel sad even if people fight back than having all this empath stuff. I basically just want an easy life and assholes seem to always have really easy lives.

megirl

megirl

Yes I agree, I can't get it into my brain it baffles me how others can inflict pain on others.
I have all my life tried to figure this all out causing others pain.
However,I do know one thing for sure is that its always the good that get hurt, those caring people in life that get shat on. People that won't fight back as they havnt got it in them to do so

megirl

megirl

I limit the people in my life now. I have decided to not be so trusting of others.
Some people dont deserve to have me in their lives.
I have been used by those who I believed didn't have it in them.
I could retaliate but that's not me.
It takes to much energy to behave that way

BPDevil

BPDevil

i usually regret being empathetic to people because they take advantage, if you show you care too much then it opens things up more to get hurt

4EVRHSP

4EVRHSP

i usually regret being empathetic to people because they take advantage, if you show you care too much then it opens things up more to get hurt
True but by not opening up we get nothing so it’s like a shit catch 22