• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

BPD articles

Q

quality factor

Well,an interesting read. I have been dx with BPD for the past three years.
I have suffered with whatever the powers that be call it for many many years, coupled with bouts of severe recurring anxiety and depression.
Personally, I was devastated when I was told that I had a Personality Disorder, I still find it difficult to accept now.
A discussion over the term of the symptoms, which can, at times be very intense and disabling, is all well and good, but at the end of the day, people like me are suffering day in,day out with a collection of crippling problems which can leave your life in tatters.
I have been on a combination of medication which is not satisfactory and frequent 'talking therapy', for the three years following dx, but I am no better now than I was ten, twenty, thirty years ago. Of course then an illness named BPD had not been recognised and interestingly I had a dx of Bipolar 2/cyclothimia and acute anxiety.
Whatever they choose to call it and whatever class they wish to put it in, all I know is that 'IT' has ruined my life and lost me my job.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B BPD coping strategies for dating Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
T I’m struggling with boyfriends BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
H Trauma and BPD, is there a connection? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 28
237BPDGoth For the other mother's with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
B I need your help.. living with someone with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
C Disability SS for BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
J How to tell mum I think she has BPD and how to support her Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
J BPD Breakup Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
CharlotteAnne BPD Got Me In Trouble Again Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
G People say that you’re fine fine you don’t have bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
T wondering if i have bpd ? (Long post sorry) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
M Bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
3 Misdiagnosed with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
T Worrying Ive been misdiagnosed. Has anyone been diagnosed with depression and a long time later been diagnosed with BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 20
Fairy Lucretia can you be manic with bpd? x Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
C Struggling with meds and bpd. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
AppleJacks88 BPD and possible OCD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
Louizard Being childish (except it's BPD) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
P Private BPD/EUPD assessment (UK) any advice? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
W BPD - A Patriarchal Diagnosis? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
Viltato BPD and new relationships Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
L Bpd and Need a out love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
L Depression and bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
C I think I may have BPD (tw) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
OneDayAtATime156 Breaking Cycles/Two people with BPD Dating Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
P NHS BPD assessment gone wrong (?) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
L BPD is so dam hard Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
J Tired of generalizations about BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
DyingAngel Is this part of my BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
Signofthetimes BPD and strengths 💖 Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
R Is BPD really a disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
A husband was diagnosed with BPD but new therapist says he doesn't have it Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
Louizard I discovered I was diagnosed with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
C Does it sound like bpd? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
Rylinguist Bpd is ruining my relationship Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
G Bpd and relationship advice Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
G Songs that make you think of BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
D 28, Feel like I will never recover from BPD, how did you recover? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 20
S Relationships when havig BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
Catsworth I worry I have BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
fairydecay Does this sound like i have quiet BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
P Love and BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
L I want to learn all I can about BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
Z how to cope with bpd without therapy or meds Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
T BPD Literature Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
AnnaBanana267 Typical BPD issues re: relationship - ouch Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
E Difference between BPD and CPTSD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
E Anyone diagnosed with a psychotic disorder as well as BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
B Speaking to doctor about possible BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
G I have bipolar but with traits of BPD - apparently... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4