• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bpd and work

D

Dagoon

Im struggling in my job right now, I only came back the end of November and im really doing badly. The paranoia is getting bad. Just waiting to finish work so I can go home and sleep till my next shift. Just have nothing right now. I try to look forward to the future and I have my partner and my dog. I love them very much. But there's no end to lockdown and its making things worse for me. Please god when will it all be over. I dont know how much more I can take. And people are partying and having fun. And I'm like stop it! Because of you its bloody spreading i want to get out but these people don't care.

Rant over. In work right now and another 4 hours to go with these damn masks on.

B

Bigfoot

Well, since there are so many people feeling paranoid about the pandemic, I'd hope that you'd realize you're not the only one feeling unsafe. I read a quote once that read "worrying about what could go wrong never helps things to go right". Personally, I've been driving my car to open areas and spending more time outside than I did prior to the pandemic. Hope you smooth it out :)

D

Dagoon

Im not actually paranoid about the pandemic. Yes the lockdown is hard. That was only a small bit I wrote. I suffer with paranoia due to my illness. I was struggling with it in work. As in I work with an agency that provides HCAS for homes where staff are sick or just need extra help. The pandemic has become the norm for me. What I dont like about the lockdown is that I feel isolated. No help from my doctor etc. He referred me to a psychiatrist but they just looked at me like I had a second head. Mental health was shit before the pandemic. This lockdown just highlights how bad our nhs deals with it. They have absolutely no clue. Im surprised they haven't brought in electric shocks again. Its archaic and out of touch with our current world problems. And I struggle alone. And its hard. I know its hard for everyone. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Because I didnt know 🤦‍♀️. Sorry to rant. But I just love the phrase "someone else is always worse off" well im sorry I dont feel that way when im going through my "worse time"

B

Blackwolf

Damn I feel exactly the same! Going to work is so hard for me, I feel exhausted, drained and small. I was only waiting for shift to end to just go back to sleep. Few days ago they fired me because psychiatrist gave me 2 weeks off work. Thing is I was good at my job, had better results than most of my co-workers. It saddens me because I was doing my best even though it was veeery hard for me just to wake up and get there not to mention being there for 8h.

B

Blackwolf

It is just sad because of my bpd and gad it is damn hard and even though I'm giving my best noone knows the struggle and bosses think I'm calling in sick because I'm lazy or something and it hurts me even more.

D

Dagoon

It is just sad because of my bpd and gad it is damn hard and even though I'm giving my best noone knows the struggle and bosses think I'm calling in sick because I'm lazy or something and it hurts me even more.
If you have a doctors note surely they cant sack you?

A

AAAAA

I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I know more and more seniors getting vaccinated. It’s coming 🙌

D

Dagoon

I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I know more and more seniors getting vaccinated. It’s coming 🙌
I got vaccinated a few weeks ago. I work in a care home. I just need the 2nd one now.

O

Orphanannie89

I feel exactly the same about work. I am good at my job as a Nursery nurse and my current role I have been doing since September. I was given a new position there in December but I'm finding the position is not for me. Its causing me added stress and I'm seeing my mental health going downhill again but I'm struggling to make them see that I want to go back to my old position. They keep telling me we will see how it goes

D

Dagoon

I feel exactly the same about work. I am good at my job as a Nursery nurse and my current role I have been doing since September. I was given a new position there in December but I'm finding the position is not for me. Its causing me added stress and I'm seeing my mental health going downhill again but I'm struggling to make them see that I want to go back to my old position. They keep telling me we will see how it goes
If you have outright told them then on their head be it!
I've had this problem. And they are well aware of my mental health issues. So I tell them exactly what I wont accept simple. Im reasonable. Ive put my availability in my app. If they can't accept that. There's nothing I can do.