• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

BPD and severe depression, but still a person.

S

Squeezyweezy1

Hi everyone. I am new here, so will introduce myself.
I am 26 and have been diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder and severe depression. I have been off work for 15 months now, and cannot leave my house alone due to extreme anxiety and paranoia. I am desperate to get my life back, and wish I had a job and a routine. I am struggling with the benefit system and have come up against some blatant discrimination. I just didnt think things like that happened anymore :unsure:
I am studying for a Bsc degree in psychology. I love it and really hope I will complete it, but the old concerntration plays me up quite alot.
I have a boyfriend, we have been together 9 years, but now live apart due to my illness and other crappy life factors! I have a cat called Monty, he is just as crazy as I am. I got him when I was first diagnosed, and he has been the best companion anyone could ask for.
I find that having a sense of humour is a great way to deal with my illness, and try as often as I can to laugh. :D (not easy on those black days).
So, in a nutshell, thats me.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome to the forum squeezy.I hope you can find support here.
I'm interested to know about the problems you have encountered with the benefits system since I have also had problems.If you feel up to it then maybe you could start a new thread on the subject.
Anyway just wanted to say hi,maybe see you on the forums..

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

Welcome to the forum Squeezyweezy1

:)

amathus

amathus

Hi and :welcome: to the forum.

I hope you find it helpful to you.

meteos.

B

Blondie

Hello and welcome.Hope you get some help here.

M

mixed up me

Hello there

Hi there I am Lucy 46 and live in cov. I have borderline and anti social personality disorder amongst other things lol. I really identify with what you said about your cat. I have an absolutely gorgeous male lurcher called Philo and he truly is an amazing dog and has helped me more than words can say. If it wasn't for him I would not be here. I find it very hard to have close relationships with people and he has been my life line really. Anyway I am new and only joined the site a couple of days ago.
Lucy

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V A bpd patient withdrawing from benzos Introduce Yourself 3
C Trying to find purpose - BPD kicking my ass Introduce Yourself 4
Humanitee *waves in BPD* Introduce Yourself 6
S Just Joined - BPD? Introduce Yourself 12
A Hello my name is Amber i struggle with BPD Introduce Yourself 5
T Engaged to someone with BPD Introduce Yourself 3
J New here .. Single mum 2 beautiful boys really struggling with BPD Introduce Yourself 10
S New - BPD, Anger/Depression Introduce Yourself 4
L BPD Travelgirl Introduce Yourself 5
B BPD and relationships Introduce Yourself 3
Y New here, BPD has pretty much resurfaced Introduce Yourself 2
T New diagnosis of BPD ...having a hard time and I'm new here so don't know how to start. Introduce Yourself 8
C new here - partner with BPD Introduce Yourself 3
M Im new here i have bpd, servere anxiety and depression. Introduce Yourself 7
E Newbie hello all... looking for any advice being in a relationship with BPD Introduce Yourself 7
X Is my BPD friend being intentional? Introduce Yourself 3
Freygal BPD Community Introduce Yourself 3
P Just found out that I have BPD Introduce Yourself 7
Firefly Richard Hi guys bpd sufferer here Introduce Yourself 4
A BPD Introduce Yourself 3
G Coming to terms with BPD diagnosis Introduce Yourself 3
C I came here to talk with others like me I have a bpd diagnosis Introduce Yourself 4
S Bpd and I’m exhausted Introduce Yourself 6
J Hello everyone! I suffer from BPD. Introduce Yourself 11
S Hi! I joined today... Recently diagnosed with BPD Introduce Yourself 11
S Hello - BPD gal here. Introduce Yourself 8
C Parent of someone who has Bpd and struggling Introduce Yourself 20
Y Life as a BPD male nearing 30. Trying to look toward the future. Introduce Yourself 1
U Can BPD be 'cured'? Introduce Yourself 9
B New gay (possibly) BPD guy Introduce Yourself 10
N Severe M.E. Introduce Yourself 5
S Angry Sleeping Disorder From Severe Sexual Abuse.... Introduce Yourself 3
M I just got out of the hospital for a 2 week hold from severe mania, bipolar and anorexia. Introduce Yourself 4
D severe anxiety Introduce Yourself 17
Amelia2020 Hello, I'm Amelia and i suffer from severe OCD Introduce Yourself 8
D I’m 69 with severe social fears from turrets Introduce Yourself 34
W Help!! I have just started taking sertraline and am finding the increased anxiety a severe problem how can I get around this? Introduce Yourself 5
E Severe agoraphobia Introduce Yourself 12
S Newbie struggling with severe intrusive thoughts. Introduce Yourself 5
H Hi im new here and im suffering with severe health anxiety Introduce Yourself 9
D Positive story of overcoming my severe brain fog and anxiety issues Introduce Yourself 4
T Hello. I'm new, lonely, being treated for PTSD/Anxiety/Depression. Hoping to find a peer group who understands. Introduce Yourself 15
B Low mood, depression anxiety. Introduce Yourself 18
G Hi I’m gina, suffering from depression, anxiety and PTSD. Introduce Yourself 8
A delusional disorder plus depression Introduce Yourself 4
M Hi, struggling with depression, again Introduce Yourself 11
A Hi, I suffer with anxiety and depression and occasionally need to connect with someone to help me change my thoughts. Introduce Yourself 13
C New with depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
A Hi my name is Angela. I have had depression for over 20 years. Medication and therapy stopped working. Today is day three for TMS treatment. Introduce Yourself 9
D Hello! New and struggling with a unmotivated relative with bi-polar & depression. Introduce Yourself 16