• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

BPD and Medication

T

tornadoesofthoughts

Last year I was admitted to Hospital but only as a Voluntary Patient due to 5 overdoses....I have OCD, depression and got diagnosed with BPD. I got given a Care Co-ordinator who was really nice and then it changed to another lady who I just don't get on with.

I missed numerous appointments as I am finding it difficult to leave the house, I missed a few GP appointments and my GP send me a letter voicing her concern as she is wondering if I am unwell and wants me to re book an appointment.

I'm supposed to take Fluoxetine 60mg but I stopped taking it a while ago. It's just not working and I've been on it for ages. As I wasn't taking my medication they CMHT took me off 30mg of Mirtizipine......

I have an appointment on the 16th and I really don't want to see my CCO as all she asks me is 'what can I do to help you?' and I came away in tears last time.

They have suspended my therapy appointments as I didn't go to my last few appointments and I just feel like there is no point now. I don't think the therapy was helping....but they said I could do DBT but not anymore as they suspending my appointments.

I just can't face going out due to the OCD and I don't like my CCO and I just have a bad feeling about her....not taking my meds as it's not working so I don't know what to do.

:(

Thanks for reading!

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Sorry to hear of your situation and despair.

You sound as though you need their help but, as everything seems to have been cancelled and seems a bit messed up, perhaps you have to look at kind of starting again, if that makes sense. If you feel as though you can go to the doctor/psychiatrist, start there and discuss your concerns. (if you don't feel able to, arrange for a home visit).

You have every right to ask for a new care co-ordinator, if you don't feel that you get along well with the one you have. I think it's quite important to be able to connect to or, at the very least, like your CC.

When you get the basics sorted, so to speak, perhaps you will then be able to arrange and attend therapy and stick with it. It's amazing how quickly everything can seem to spiral out of control when things start to go wrong.

I hope you manage to get things sorted soon. :hug1:

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I definitely agree with Purple Chaos and hope you can request a new CC. I am sure things can get back on track for you again it is so hard when everything spirals out of control. :hug: