• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bpd and getting more Therapy

A

Angels18

Hi I have bpd. I was discharged from community mental health team in 2018 without any meeting just got letter in the post. Although I had agreed with them I would return to therapy when my baby was older so I would have time to attend. I've completed dbt and it was helpful. I am still taking quetiapine sodium valproate and fluoxetine. I've been managing with meds and support of my eldest daughter. The past 2 years I'm having flashbacks and difficulties dealing with this. I feel my traumatic childhood is taking over me now and I hate people and don't trust anyone. I am totally isolated. I want to get help for this and trust people again. Went to gp he referred me back to mental health team. Got a phone call from a different department. Firstly she said she does not know my psychiatrist. I would have to contact local services for standard counselling. I need something more to do with trauma. I thought I could carry on from where I left off with further psychology help. I now have to go back to gp again. Is this normal. How can.i discuss change my meds??

Any advice much appreciated 🙋‍♀️

SwanLake

SwanLake

Hi I have bpd. I was discharged from community mental health team in 2018 without any meeting just got letter in the post. Although I had agreed with them I would return to therapy when my baby was older so I would have time to attend. I've completed dbt and it was helpful. I am still taking quetiapine sodium valproate and fluoxetine. I've been managing with meds and support of my eldest daughter. The past 2 years I'm having flashbacks and difficulties dealing with this. I feel my traumatic childhood is taking over me now and I hate people and don't trust anyone. I am totally isolated. I want to get help for this and trust people again. Went to gp he referred me back to mental health team. Got a phone call from a different department. Firstly she said she does not know my psychiatrist. I would have to contact local services for standard counselling. I need something more to do with trauma. I thought I could carry on from where I left off with further psychology help. I now have to go back to gp again. Is this normal. How can.i discuss change my meds??

Any advice much appreciated 🙋‍♀️
My understanding is that you do have the coordinate things through your GP. However, there is a fast track where you can self refer yourself to the Well-being service, and they conduct a telephone assessment with you, and immediately refer you to the Mental Health team if appropriate, so I’d try that route.