BPD and 'disturbing beliefs'

masked_parade

masked_parade

I was diagnosed with BPD about a month ago but I'm not entirely sure if this is what I have.
I do SH and I'm very impulsive and can't control my impulses, but I also hear voices and have what the doc calls disturbing beliefs.
Has anyone seen The Trueman Show? Well that film was made for me, to tell me what is going on in my life and I'm on a similar type of show. The thing is though, everyone tells me this isn't true and that I'm not on a show and no-ones watching me, but they HAVE to say that because they're part of it.
However, if all this IS in my head, how can I believe people when they tell me it is? I'm 99% sure it is real, but what if it's not? And I'm going through all this crap for no reason? How do I believe people and what if they're lying?

It's so so confusing.

Sam :unsure:

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Sam,
It's not called "Borderline" for nothing. It's seen as between neurotic and psychotic. I've had my share of psychosis and weird beliefs.
It's what you do or don't do during an episode that counts.
Can you have a crisis team to help you through this? Maybe a stay in the hospital or clinic until the worst is over? Paranoia is part and parcel to our diagnosis. Coping stratagies are a must.
I feel for you and hope you're doing alright today. :hug:

masked_parade

masked_parade

Hi MsP; What's neurotic? There is a crisis team here, but I think the only way they come to see you is if you've been to hospital or your GP to say you're feeling bad, and I don't want to really do either of those things. I'm not paranoid, I know these things are happening, I'm not just making them up or anything. I do have lots of coping stragtegies and when I'm feeling a little bad they work, but when I'm feeling really bad, they don't soo...:confused: confusing really.

Sam

Q

quality factor

Hi,
I have BPD and as far as I can make out neurotic means that you may be abnormally sensitive or obsessive about something.
My friend used to call me a 'neurotic heap', when she felt I was 'on one'!!
For some reason I don't like the word neurotic, it makes me feel that I am making things up...maybe hypochondriac, which is far off the case.