• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bpd and dbt

G

greatfulmomoftwo

New to DBT...seeing if anyone is and how it's going for you.

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I finished 18 months DBT at the beginning of last year. It has helped me a lot. Although I do feel I would benefit from more one to one therapy to deal with past stuff. How are you finding it so far?

G

greatfulmomoftwo

I an learning a lot. I went through 9 wks of core mindfulness and I felt lost with the skills but trying to understand the concept. Now we started on a module regarding interpersonal relationships. Hoping it helps me with my relationship deficits. Thank you so much for responding. I don't feel like a lone ranger in this journey.

D

diabolicalme

I started DBT in Sept last year but only the one-to-one with a psychologist bit as there wasn't space in a group for me until last week. It was frustrating not doing the skills aspect, and they arranged for my psych to do a few skills sessions with me as a sort of bridge thing, so I had something to be getting on with and wouldn't feel it was all completely new once in a group. I also found a MH project offering a mindfulness course (but bombed out of that after a few sessions as I was late and they refused to let me in, despite letting me in previously when I was late arriving....they did apologise and change their advertising to make this clear for future sessions but I was too upset & never went back). I got some recordings from the project of mindfulness sessions and have used those a couple of times. I'm desperate for the DBT to help me. Really really desperate.

I really like my psych which matters a lot to me. Do you like yours? The group is scary. My first session last week I felt like I had nothing in common with the other participants but am trying to focus on the skills learning to get me through. Unfortunately I had a letter from DWP yesterday which no skills can help me deal with right now, I'm having a depressive meltdown - but hey, at least I'm on these forums which is something! And I'm glad to see your post, it's always reassuring to connect with others in the same boat, in this case ppl going through DBT. Thanks for posting! X

calypso

calypso

Admin
I did 18 months and its something which grows slowly over time. All the modules interweave on each other, so you need to do the whole thing to understand. I stormed out of some sessions, the group ones, but it finally got through my skull.

But you do need the group sessions as well as the one to one to have it work effectively.

G

greatfulmomoftwo

good morning,
I am beginning the 2nd 10 wk session of DBT called interpersonal effectiveness. Tonights the first night of teaching the skills. I am really excited. Please be patient with yourself. Learning the skills is like learning a foriegn language and it takes time to sink in. The hard part is putting into action what one has learned. I am so sorry you are having a tough time right now. It makes me sad. I pray you have a support system their in London to be by your side. So glad you logged on and responded. Hang in there and know you are loved and that you are important. Keep us informed as to how DBT is going for you. I am excited to hear. Talk soon...greatfulmomoftwo

G

greatfulmomoftwo

I totally agree. Having both the grp and one on one is essential. Thank you for sharing!!!

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I hope the interpersonal effectiveness sessions go well for you. It really does help. :hug: xxx