• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bpd and Co morbid bipolar

A

Athena

Hi I used to be a member here about 2 years ago and I must say I was a right mess I knew what was up with me and it has only been confirmed since then.... but I don't get it... My psychiatrist hasn't seen me for months and I have just got letter saying my appointment has been re arranged and I won't see him now till may that will be 10 months with no psychiatrist and I am on a medication that isn't doing me any favours I don't know what to do about that one yet I am meant to see a counsellor witch I don't have and I am currently signed off work as I am quite paranoid about the place I just am in a bit of a dilemma at the minute x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome (back) to the forum.
That's a really long time for you to be kept waiting for an appointment. Have you tried calling them up and explaining your situation, and that you need to be seen sooner?
You could always try to see your GP otherwise, especially if you don't think the medication you're on is helping.
Also, are you on a waiting list for counselling?

A

Athena

Thanks...

I am going to set my mum on them on Friday when she is off work I don't do well at explaining things and I am my psychiatrist referred me in March and I am still waiting so that was something else I was going to discuss I was at my go last week who signed me off work till the 31st as I was supposed to see my consultant on the 30th of this month it's all just going down hill at the minute my go put me on an anti depressant along with the medication my psychiatrist put me on to kind of bide time till my appointment came around but as I say if I wait till April/may it will have been 10months sat on a tablet that doesn't help x

W

windward

That's a really long time for you to be kept waiting for an appointment.
It's quite normal for the psychiatrist [NHS] to go months untill the next appointment with me, 4-5 months is usual. but then again I have a diagnosis of treatmnent risistant schizoprenia [paranoid subtype].

A

Athena

Well I usually go 4 months I am not the open type so I barely speak when I am there but just recently I figured it was a good job I was going given how I've been feeling but then 10 months is a bit different than 4 I an kinda irritated by that and no I am not with like crisis team or anything like that my mum is a mental health nurse and has said she will contact Park house and my gp to see if she can do anything to help x

R

ricko4

Thanks...

I am going to set my mum on them on Friday when she is off work I don't do well at explaining things and I am my psychiatrist referred me in March and I am still waiting so that was something else I was going to discuss I was at my go last week who signed me off work till the 31st as I was supposed to see my consultant on the 30th of this month it's all just going down hill at the minute my go put me on an anti depressant along with the medication my psychiatrist put me on to kind of bide time till my appointment came around but as I say if I wait till April/may it will have been 10months sat on a tablet that doesn't help x
sounds like me my friend i was signed off in june and am still signed off they put me on mirtazpaine then i seen pshyc 3 times before he diagnosed me with BPD now my gp says the pshyc is wrong so he says hes going to get me reassesed on and on it goes am sick of it i have a job open but the boss is a prick i was offered another job this morning but although i would love to take it but i dont no what they going to do with me yet (pshyc gp) mental health service is f ucked up so frustrating arghhhhhhhhhhhh

A

Athena

[/QUOTE] sounds like me my friend i was signed off in june and am still signed off they put me on mirtazpaine then i seen pshyc 3 times before he diagnosed me with BPD now my gp says the pshyc is wrong so he says hes going to get me reassesed on and on it goes am sick of it i have a job open but the boss is a prick i was offered another job this morning but although i would love to take it but i dont no what they going to do with me yet (pshyc gp) mental health service is f ucked up so frustrating arghhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

I am just so frustrated it just seems like any time I actually need help no one is there I mean I self harm or should I say I used to then that came back to bite me on the arse and now I am going to be waiting this long to see th e one person who can actually help me the NHS has just gone so down hill I suppose that's why mum works private :/

R

ricko4

sounds like me my friend i was signed off in june and am still signed off they put me on mirtazpaine then i seen pshyc 3 times before he diagnosed me with BPD now my gp says the pshyc is wrong so he says hes going to get me reassesed on and on it goes am sick of it i have a job open but the boss is a prick i was offered another job this morning but although i would love to take it but i dont no what they going to do with me yet (pshyc gp) mental health service is f ucked up so frustrating arghhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

I am just so frustrated it just seems like any time I actually need help no one is there I mean I self harm or should I say I used to then that came back to bite me on the arse and now I am going to be waiting this long to see th e one person who can actually help me the NHS has just gone so down hill I suppose that's why mum works private :/[/QUOTE]

they just dont seem to care i suppose we are just another number its the waiting time we have to much time to think about it i dont no about you but my mind just races away mood up and down i have never self harmed but my pshyc says i do it another way by gambling and going to bed and not getting up for 2 or 3 days he says thats the way i self harm but as i say my gp disagrees with diagnosis the only thing i can describe myself at the minute is a paper bag blowing around in a very strong wind helpless ;(

A

Athena

:/[/QUOTE] they just dont seem to care i suppose we are just another number its the waiting time we have to much time to think about it i dont no about you but my mind just races away mood up and down i have never self harmed but my pshyc says i do it another way by gambling and going to bed and not getting up for 2 or 3 days he says thats the way i self harm but as i say my gp disagrees with diagnosis the only thing i can describe myself at the minute is a paper bag blowing around in a very strong wind helpless ;([/QUOTE]

Paper bag blowing round in a strong wind yep I get that feeling.... It just doesn't seem to get any easier I will just have to hope my mum can sort something x I hope your gp can sort a few things for you x

R

ricko4

i so hope you get where you want to be athena i feel for you i really do its so me x