• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

boundaries

R

riverofdragons

I am hoping that I can get some advice please.

I know I sometimes have problems with boundaries, but I am working on it. My main problem is understanding when I am overstepping.

I live with my xbf who is my best friend and his girlfriend. He is also my carer. They have been away for a couple of days and are due back today. I text this morning to find out roughly what time they are coming back but didn't get a reply, but the signal is patchy where they are.

I just started to write another text and thought about calling. BUT it has just occured to me that from their point of view I might have no right to know when they will be back.

Is it reasonable for me to want to know or is this one of the times i need to step back?

J

justsomeguy

Wanting to know when a friend gets back is reasonable, but being his ex... that does make for an awkward situation. I think if you texted him in the morning and he didn't get back with you, a call later in the evening to make sure they are ok is fine.