• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

bothersome.

F

flatz

About 3 years ago the voices got louder.

I was in my bedroom at night, I heard this man outside talking on a loud speaker being driven around on the back of a pickup, keeping me awake.

I have chilled out since then, I still oftenly hear a man and a woman talking ugh!!! horrid!!!

I find the NHS aproach very confusing, they say they can help and then the next minute I'm sectioned to an hospital where 4 men are running about with a needle trying to restrain me, one of the men is like 7ft tall and brought in as a last resort.

D

Deliah

Hello, sorry you are having rubbish time. Have you heard of Eleanor Longden or Rufus May, they are both using very useful techniques differing from what is available on the NHS. Other private therapists are also doing more useful things for voice hearers. Also, look at mindfulness and dialoguing. Love to you and again sorry that you've had such a horrible experience! D xxxx

F

flatz

Yes Deliah I have tried mindfullners but I have severe trouble with concentration, I get distracted by the voices.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Yes Deliah I have tried mindfullners but I have severe trouble with concentration, I get distracted by the voices.
flatz - are you familiar with the voices? As in are they similar to people you know - or know you?

F

flatz

flatz - are you familiar with the voices? As in are they similar to people you know - or know you?
Yes bt, actually I hear voices that come from behind me, that come from out of my stomach and from things in the surrounding environment.

I can also hear other peoples thoughs inside my head that's telepathic in nature and can make me super paranoid.

I can also feel and sense somebody touching me sexually.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I get paranoid too. At times, feel as if my thoughts are not private. Puts me on edge completely.

F

flatz

I missed a depot injection this week.

can't sleep

voices are mocking me and making comments on what I think.

I am listening to music on youtube alot.

There's three options with a depot, you can have it at home, at the local psych clinic or at the doctors.

F

flatz

today

I got an ingrowing toenail.

I can feel and sense being touched sexually.

On another occasion I saw the spirit of a woman walk across the room, sit down next to me and touch me sexually, very much troubled me.

I don't want to cogitate on things but I know somethings stay with us from past experiences.

The female voice is annoying, she can see my thoughts and mocks them. the male voice is older 40's - 50yo.

I am thinking it goes back to my birth and childhood.

I am getting paranoid with sharing my experiences on here.

F

flatz

Something going on....

Feel a bit shit/strange, may kill myself, will try and stop myself from doing so.

S

selfrespect44

RE

Most cases outside of malingering are a result of dissociation with shame and the anger that comes with it. It comes from repressed past experience. The subconscious informs and can be very active while asleep, as well. You cannot repress subconsciousness forever.

There are a few things you can do to release the problems that are repressed. You must face your inner voice.

First, stop allowing the thoughts to remain rambling in your head. You want to voice and talk out loud, expression aids the release process.

You may need to simulate the past as you were in the past. For example:

A 30 year old man visualized himself in the very scene as a 6 year old boy, standing in front of his mother and in the form and age of a 6 year old. He visually imagined himself in that very past scenario and stated out loud, "Quit pointing your finger at me and looking down at me", "Quit calling me an idiot and stupid", "You used me to validate yourself and gain a sense of identity that you never had gotten on your own", "you efin B8t6h!" "Get a life of your own and stop trying to control who I am as a person", "Get your own efin identity!"

This process is emotional release. He too, had voices, his subconscious (IE: also called 'inner child'). You can only repress these issues for so long, until they will start screaming at you, its a 'defense and opposition' mechanism. Very similar to why we sense (feel) and or interpret a lack. We need that sense in order to become aware of a perceived lack. Once we become aware, we can either:

Blame it on something like Depression and cause us to dissociate from the lack that we perceived
Address the lack at that moment and detect it is either:

lack of sleep
lack of social activity for that day
lack of activity
Or maybe we think we lack money for example and we address it ti find out that we enabled money to control and we really have enough income; therefore we realize the perceived lack came from the root of a flawed belief value and or perspective, for example

I think you get the point.

it is a lack that is either logically determined and or felt. We need the sense because their are lacks that happen from interactions with people, such as relationships. So we may become aware of a relationship imbalance if we sense a lack. the lack could be from a variety of things, such as, the lack you feel while being with someone and you then realize there is no real intellectual connection, for example.

Last edited:
F

flatz

I was walking the street with the dog and the voices made me stop in my tracks because I was disorientated by them.

I am on 100mg of invega too.