• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bored yet restless

M

Mona14

Does anybody identify?

I take Abilify. It's allowed me to be stable and I am pleased. I accept the lack of highs which I miss (those days when everything seemed laced in gold). Importantly, I have no more lows (those days when I saw the end of a line) which feels wonderful but I am so restless. I am so bored! I was never so bored before. I just go from place to place so I'm really restless and can't settle. I can't find anything to do.
Is this because I am stable? Is this what stability looks like? I don't get much done. I find the thought of doing anything I am supposed to be doing absolutely impossible and yet I'm restless and exhausted all at once. This feels like a very very toned down mixed episode. It's just very "non" yet speedy...restless...
If this is stability is this what other people feel? It's so dull! I feel safe and happy to be stable but I also feel flat.

AnnN

AnnN

Something similar is happening to me. But i just had paranoid thoughts. I am taking ariprizole and haldol. It is possible that ariprizole is doing things just like you. Everything is boring. I don't like to live. There are no more paranoid thoughts from Haldol. But I am very unhappy. I injured myself a while ago. I hits his head very hard. I have no control over the pain I feel anymore.