• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bored with life.

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

Sometimes I feel like life is a boring story where I'm this lonely person. Just the same thing 7 days a week. Same thing every week and all I have to tell my friends is same old same old things. Times where I get fed up with it. I don't know. Maybe I need something new.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
This symptoms is one of the worst of depression i personally believe. Loss of interest or pleasure i think they call it.

What treatment are you having for depression?

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

This symptoms is one of the worst of depression i personally believe. Loss of interest or pleasure i think they call it.

I am taking meds and trying to do my normal routine of volunteering 5 days a week and doing things on the weekend. You think it's lost of interest or pleasure? I just couldn't identify it.

L

LokiPokey75

Hey Hardknocks88!

I think all of us are going through that right now. I know I am. Everything feels the same because I'm been on furlough for months with my work so I've just been stuck at home doing the same thing over and over (I live with my parents by the way.)

Finding this website has been really helpful for me because it gives me a place to talk about what I'm feeling. I don't have any close friends, so posting here allows me to open up about particular topics I can't talk about anywhere else.

Since you feel like you're talking about the same old things with your friends, it might be time to get more creative about it. Maybe you could get a "Would You Rather?" game or another card game with questions you can ask each other, just to shake things up. I like to do trivia questions.

I've found that changing up the times you do things can help get you out of a rut. If you're doing the same task at the same time each day, it can get repetitive. Since you volunteer, maybe you could go earlier in the morning or later in the evening. As they say, variety is the spice of life. If you don't have much spice, then you need to change the way you season your day (you see what I did there?😅)

It's tough right now to make life exciting. But this is the time to take it upon yourself to try something different. You never know what might help when you make a concentrated effort.

Good luck to you, Hk88! I wish you all the best. Stay safe!

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

Thanks! Really good words. Maybe I'll try to pick up a new hobby.

T

treasurebox

Music therapy is works for me. Listening to good, uplifting and encourage music on youtube is helpful. Goos music makes you think and feel better.

Also doing what you are good at or what you love to do is helpful too. Are you good in writing, cooking, baking, doing arts and crafts, etc.? Do it. It will be good for you and will make you happy.

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

Music therapy is works for me. Listening to good, uplifting and encourage music on youtube is helpful. Goos music makes you think and feel better.

Also doing what you are good at or what you love to do is helpful too. Are you good in writing, cooking, baking, doing arts and crafts, etc.? Do it. It will be good for you and will make you happy.
guess i might have to pick up a new hobby then.

J

jc999

All humans needs to have aim in life. Without aim/purpose, you will get bored, depression and so on.

Errorchild

Errorchild

I share the feeling you have. It’s literally all the same and the days blur together. I try to work against it but it’s hard.

L

Lizaje

I wish I was bored, but I've got a ton of stuff to do and I'm not enjoying it.

You're not the reading type? I recommend books, not tv. Cooking and baking can also be alright. 🥞

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

I wanted to ask. Even though I have loss of interest in things should I just keep doing them to feel better?

jajingna

jajingna

Sometimes we have to do things we'd rather not. Depression makes this even harder. We might have to find the will somehow to get necessary things done. Staying busy can be helpful for sure. Even just going out for a walk, even when you don't feel like it, can improve your mood a little.

P

Prycejosh1987

Sometimes I feel like life is a boring story where I'm this lonely person. Just the same thing 7 days a week. Same thing every week and all I have to tell my friends is same old same old things. Times where I get fed up with it. I don't know. Maybe I need something new.
Do something out of the ordinary and break out of the routine from time to time, take a new hobby, eat something new, etc. Speak to someone you have never spoke to. I believe life is about learning.