Bored in hospital

A

AAGille93

They say it’s to reduce by agitation,they have to restrain me the last two nights to give me it.

A

AAGille93

I have a new bed throw my mam and dad brought me, though so my beds all snuggley.

F

Fancyharm

How are you now? Better I hope.

Some of the stuff we have to go through eh. Keep pushing on, the future is in front of you, the past is just memories.

Be sure to let us know how you get on.

A

AAGille93

How are you now? Better I hope.

Some of the stuff we have to go through eh. Keep pushing on, the future is in front of you, the past is just memories.

Be sure to let us know how you get on.
Had my review today and it went totally shit scuse the French but it did. I have no leave not even allowed off the ward to the vending machine which is pretty much across from the ward. Still not been discharged and got told that it won’t be in the forsable future. Still getting imd daily...

A

AAGille93

I’m ok I guess, still getting imd daily as par of my “treatment😩😩 still have no leave

Last edited:
M

MagickLoz

What's Imd mean ? Sorry if I sound thick lol. I hated having no leave when I was in hospital it made me worse.

M

MagickLoz

With ya now. Ouch ! I hated having injections forceabley given to me I hated injections full stop. Hope you get better soon and you get some leave just keep thinking positive. Xx

A

AAGille93

I fucking hate my consultant, had my capacity taken away and are being forced to have ECT ...

claude

claude

Do you have an advocate? I think that ect is the one thing they cannot legally force you to have as treatment when under section. Though they might make it seem like you have to have it, it is worth checking. Mind have legal advice for those under the mental health act I think. They are worth googling.
I really feel for you, hospital is horrendous and you have been in a long time. It sounds like they are really going hard on you too.
I only got out when I started saying what they wanted to hear. It took me a long time to recover frpmy admissions. I wish you peace and happiness and freedom! Hang in there and look after yourself

E

exyz

You really need an advocate. I'm really sorry about what you are going through it sounds horrendous.
They can only give you ECT without your consent if they say it is an emergency. Otherwise it should all be clearly explained and you have to give consent in writing and they have to wait I think, 72 hours.
Here is the link at MIND, click on it to go to the page, I hope you are up to reading it.
Consent to ECT | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

We are here listening, great advice from Claude as always xxx

A

AAGille93

I’m sick of being in hospital constant im’s and I have my first ect session on Monday! I hate my consultant ..

G

goodgollymiss

I'm so sorry. I hope I haven't been a pain or given bad advice. This is so surprising

vanish

vanish

In my country ECT can be given against your consent, but must be approved by the mental health review tribunal. I've had a number of sessions against my consent. Thinking back at the situation, it was probably a good call. I was of course given access to an advocate to act on my behalf and I would like to think that is something which is pretty common if you are being treated involuntarily.
I too am on flupentixol fortnightly due to non compliance of medications. I'm only on a medium dosage though (80mg) in order to be able to take Rexulti 4mg daily. My GP says she can always tell if I haven't been taking the oral medications, because I look so disorganised (go figure?).
Hang in there mate, I know what long hospital stays can do to you. My longest is 3 and a half months and I was in for Christmas and birthday (which is in January) without leave. Tbh that was the best birthday I ever had because the other patients threw a pizza party for me (they got pizza and soft drinks delivered to the ward with the nurses permission). I had so many hand made cards! :) I still have them in a box as they truly meant a lot to me.

A

AAGille93

Had my first ect session last week, I have a review tomorrow which I’m nervous about ...

NWiddi

NWiddi

There was a piece on the news not so long ago about ECT and the effects it was having on young people, it was causing brain damage.

I hope yours went well and I wish you good luck for your review.

A

AAGille93

Review went shite, they won’t take me off the promethazine, I start Ect Thursday again and still not got any leave 😩

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Schizophrenia Forum 3
Mark_01 Schizophrenia Forum 2
A Schizophrenia Forum 3