Bored in hospital

NWiddi

NWiddi

Sorry to hear you won't get leave for Christmas, I wish you the best Christmas you can get on a ward and hope you get some family visiting you at least.

G

goodgollymiss

I've been sent home for Christmas twice when in hospital. Not sure if you can get a family member to persuade the doctor

F

Fancyharm

Sorry to hear you are not well. But at least you are in an environment with people that can help. I know it is easy to say that but everything has advantages.

And listen, it is only Christmas Day, we all get too distressed about it really. Try not to worry and get well.:hug1:

fazza

fazza

Sorry you did not get your leave mate. Christmas is a mad time of year. Take this one off mate and get fighting fit for 2019.
I will be logging in here tomorrow to wish you glad tidings.

A

AAGille93

Thankyou all for your kind messages I guess I’m just feeling sorry for myself, I really want to be at home with my family instead I’m stuck on a psychiatric ward 😩 I want out and there not letting me off at all haven’t been off in a week..

fazza

fazza

I feel for ya mate but you need to stabilise and if that means taking meds then go for it. We have nothing to lose if we go along with the process. I am treatment resistant and take meds like sweets. If they work they work but if they don't at least I have tried their way.

All the very best wishes and good luck to you. Think of this as a new chapter in your book of life. The time you start fighting back for a better future. Forza my friend fight.

They have give you the tools now you need to set about using them. If these meds don't help then role on round two.

You can go the distance. Fight.

Merry Christmas

A

AAGille93

They want me to consider having ECT .. and there upping my depot- I feel fine and that I could leave hospital tomorrow with no issues!

F

Fancyharm

Do as you are advised. It is worth it. I know it's really rubbish being in over the holiday, but you need to get well, no poi t risking a relapse for Christmas.

Love to you, stay calm and focused.

:hug1:

fazza

fazza

Wow ECT. That's a big step mate. To me that's my last option and they way I am feeling I would take it.

Are you in the UK?

A

AAGille93

I’m in the UK, yes. I’ve been in hospital four and a half months and it’s really starting to get me down.. I want my own bed, my own luxeries, my own fresh bedding (I’m seriously contemplating bringing in my own bedding to make it feel more homely!

fazza

fazza

It would be great if they would allow it.
Home comforts are great when you are away from home.

G

goodgollymiss

Well at least it's not the worst place to be. You are worth so much. I guess they don't want to lose you

F

Fancyharm

It must be rubbish being in hospital over Christmas. But it is designed to help, so try really hard to look on the bright side. I know it is difficult. Think to yourself, I am going to kick the ass of this thing and I will start by not letting it get to me.

These mental illnesses are so cruel, at a time when strengths are low we are expected to find strength. I know it is hard.

Try looking up positive affirmations and just reading them. It is better than nothing and it will help, even if you don't think it is, your subconscious will absorb the positive phrases.

Lots of love to you xxxxxx

A

AAGille93

Thankyou for all the lovely messages really makes me feel loved.. I just want to be at home and they say I’m not well enough for any leave off the ward ..

A

AAGille93

Quick update they’ve now put me on IM Lorazepam daily and if I refuse to take it they restrain me 😰 alongside my depot.. still not allowed off the ward even with staff and home leave is a big no! Ergh, have a review on the 2nd so fingers crossed for better news ..

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I hope they let you have a bit of leave after your review, keep holding on :hug:

Take the medications they put you on and they'll hopefully decide you're being compliant and allow you a bit of leave :hug:

Last edited:
fazza

fazza

Quick update they’ve now put me on IM Lorazepam daily and if I refuse to take it they restrain me �� alongside my depot.. still not allowed off the ward even with staff and home leave is a big no! Ergh, have a review on the 2nd so fingers crossed for better news ..
Wow IM lorazepam. That's serious shit mate especially if they are having to restrain you to have it. Good luck with the review.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Schizophrenia Forum 3
Mark_01 Schizophrenia Forum 2
A Schizophrenia Forum 3