• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

borderline v bipolor

M

mad as a hatter

i,ve got both apparently so tell me this how do u know which 1 is causing u the most problems when there so like each other i,ve asked that question so many times 2 these doctors still waiting on an answer i do feel i,ll never be seen as a bipolor patient again cause it,s all so easy for them 2 blame the borderline when they can,t come up with answer 2 ur problems like my anger or my suicide thoughts or self harm mood swings but they forget this all happens in bipolor 2 doesn,t it there good at stickin labels on u these people it,s easy for them 2 say what they say if it was 1 there family that was gettin accused off seekin attention and other things i just wonder if they would put up with it i might ask them that in the future but it,s alright for them 2 fuck my head up tho with there nasty comments and sticky labels gee i,m just havin a bit of a rant about things ignore me

A

angie_34

Hi Mad as a hatter,

Just read your thread and I agree with you 100% re, both labels :clap: and symptoms are similar.... which I guess is confusing and frustrating...

I'd like the so called pro's, pych's etc to say to me this is what you've got, and offer me solutions, listen to me etc etc etc.... the last time I saw my psychiatrist he suggested that I had split personality however I am not mentally ill but he described me as disturbed and sick!?!?!:mad: what does that mean? Its either I am or not isn't it? I just wanna straight answer ... am i asking for too much... :mad: :redface: sorry this is your rant not mine... but these pro's do my head in!

Angie

Last edited:
M

mad as a hatter

i can,t beleive a pdoc would say that 2 u that,s distgustin u should have said that 2 him 2 they annoy me so much i,ve got 2 pdoc.s ain,t that great 1 say,s i,ve got both the other says definetly bipolor i tend 2 go with her as she,s known me for yrs she also said maybe the bpd is runnin along with the bipolor i,m like mk ur mind up the lot u i can,t stand them ne more when the crisis team appears they always refer bk 2 the bpd and it annoy,s me so much hey by the way i,m not meanin 2 be disrespecful 2 ne 1 with with borderline i,m just annoyed that they can,t mk ther mind up about me it,s simple as that don,t worry about havin a rant u go ahead thing is these doctors wouldn,t like the labels they give wouldn,t put with it or these on families i stand up 2 them these days there not impressed i don,t think but i,m passed carin i,ll say what i like and if they don,t like it they,ll soon know and get a whiff off my temper along the way

dib4uk

dib4uk

mad as a hatter I agree and see where your coming from. Where does one start and the other finish. Is it more than just coincidence that ppl with bpd or any form of pd have bi-pola as well or depression?

angie_34 So if the psyc doctor said that you dissociative and u have multiple personalities that IS a mental illness and a health problem.

mad as a hatter, I totally get that, what causes more of your pain the PD or the biploar. Thats a question i've asked myself soo many times I should be rich.

Keep strong guys :)

M

mad as a hatter

i,m not sure if this is true or not but it seems that u get dignoised with bipolor 1st then it changes 2 bpd or both yep i,m confused with it all think the difference with me is the mania is far worse when i stop my meds so my pdoc points out it wouldn,t be as bad as it gets if u just had bpd i,m not 2 sure cause havin had bipolor 1st i find it difficult 2 know they,ve always got plently 2 say about my bpd nothin about my bipolor ne more that angers me cause i,ll never be seen as a bipolor patient ne more i,m almost ready 2 tell them 2 stick cause there labels my cpn not 2 happy at me if i don,t go c my pdoc not 2 do ne thing hasty but it,s not them that,s sufferin i,ve stopped readin up on both them cause it just confuses me even more

Q

quality factor

Hi I have bipolar 2 and BPD. Interestingly, the bipolar2 dx was in place quite a few years before they added on BPD.
I've given up trying to fathom out which illness is affecting me when, it's just one big muddle.
The CMHT is always quick to recognise the BPD rather than the Bipolar too.
I told my Pdoc that I felt I'd been left on the scrapheap, cos I wasn't getting any constructive help with either illness. I've left him to ponder and see what wonders he comes up with!!

QF.

M

mad as a hatter

Qf

i agree with what ur sayin they do exactly the same with me and it,s weird cause when they said i just had bipolor i didn,t get ne support what so eve just a pdoc know they chuck it all at me cause i,ve shown bouts off anger and kind off been threaten they want all the control my family have helped 2 they saw the consultant 2 get me more help thing is when the crisis team come out which has been a couple times in recent months all they seemed bothered about was the borderline when i told them 2 practiclly piss off recently they threatened 2 put me in hospital cause off my safety they took my meds off me i was like eh there,s a shop a min along the street total numpties i told my pdoc i,ll never be treated as a bipolr patient ever again cause all they want 2 c is bpd i,m gettin fed up with the lot them even questioning if i should bother with my pdoc ne more cause what can they do not a lot ne more i got a nice cpn social worker who deals with people with personality disorders she told me other wk mh services won,t go away so i can,t get out the system even if i wanted 2 there goin be in my face constantly that goin do my head in all because i went totally mental at them when i was in hospital completly wrecked my room they must think i,m some sort danger all off a sudden cause the bpd i thought people with bipolor have anger issues 2 it stumps me the lot off it rant over for now

I

ixolite

hi mad as a hatter
i know how confusing it is a previous psych said i had bipolar2 and borderline traits. I just concentrated on the bipolar bit and how i could cope with the mood swings,this psych knew me well as had been seeing him for quite awhile.
Anyway got a new psych and after a couple of appointments the bipolar apparently disappeared. Now i have emotionally unstable personality disorder which is just another name for borderline.
Thing is i don't feel any different despite change in diagnosis!!
i think they start to twist everything you do or say into confirming the diagnosis of BPD
I don't know about you but it was easier for me to accept bipolar but to be told your personality is "disordered" is very hard to accept.
Its best to give up reading about stuff and just concentrate on dealing with how you feel and of course the contant struggle that we all seem to have which is to make "them" listen
take care

M

mad as a hatter

I have stopped reading up on it now cause i was just getting more confused and upset i do tend 2 go with my pdoc i,ve got 2 cause she,s known me yrs she says i got bipolor for sure and she,s a mood expert tho she said i got some bpd traits my consultant said a yr ago i was attention seeking behaviour but he,s been a bit better in recent months with it all when the crisis team appear they always rattle on about the 2 dignosis but make a big thing about the bpd i,ve now got paranoia 2 go along with it 2 delusions is what my pdoc called it i want 2 walk away from mh services at times but the won,t let me do it ne more so i,ve just gotta put up with there labels