• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Borderline Personality Disorder

Autism_severementalhealth

Autism_severementalhealth

Heya long time no speak, i havent been able to access here very much as been trying to get more help for myself and also i had forgotten my password and took a while to work out how to get back on here any way i have some news.

about 3 or 4 weeks ago i have just been diagnosed with a borderline personality disorder with the paranoia and psychotic symptoms. he said it isnt common with my autism. Im still trying to come terms with this diagnosis and find it difficult to accept this is wrong with me and trying to understand about it in a clear and simple way but i seen alot of research not clear and simple which makes it harder for me to understand.

last thursday my psychiatrist asked my psychologist if i wanted to be referred to dialectical behavioural therapy. god knows dont know what it is any way i said i dont know to them they said there put me down if i dont want to be on there they can take me off, but the maximum waiting list is 1 year.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Autism severemental health.

And :welcome: back to the forum.

I have the diagnosis of borderling personality disorder and have just completed my dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) treatment last week!

I found it very useful for treating my behaviors and symptoms. In fact it has largely changed my life for the better.

I have written a bit about it in this thread.

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4394

Have a look through and if you have any questions about it that I might be able to help with from a service users perspective, feel free to ask!

thebubbles22

thebubbles22

Hi Autism_severementalhealth

I too suffer from BPD, and I had to wait for over a year to get into DBT. I have been seeing my individual therapist for about 10 months and have done 5 weeks of the group therapy, so I'm very much still a novice!

It is a pain in the arse having to wait so long to actually get into the DBT services, but for BPD sufferers (as it was designed for), it really does seem to help. They teach you all types of different skills, ways to keep yourself safe, and various other things which I'm sure sapphire77 has better knowledge of than me!

Sapphire77, congratulations on completing your DBT! I'll definitely have a looksie at your link.

S

*Sapphire*

Excellent thebubbles22. Personally it has changed my life.
I know it is no substitute for the actual 'skills training', but if you want to learn some of the skills in the meantime, I found this site most helpful:

http://www.dbtselfhelp.com/

Hope that helps :)