• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Borderline personality Disorder

W

worryworth

Those of you who have been diagnosed with BPD would you please share your symptoms and behaviour with me. I'm seeing a therapist soon and would like to be familiar with the BPD before I meet her. I have been called 'crazy' and 'retarded' most of my life I also find it difficult to be connected and carry on a meaningful and intelligent conversation after an hour. I get stressed out, nervous and panic that I might say something crazy, wierd, rude or inappropriate. After an hour of meeting I feel I am ready to be alone and be my free self. Does this sound like BPD?

W

worryworth

Thank you for your reply. I met with my counselor today for the first time and we 'click'. She seems like a very good listener also she has a lot of experience working with people like me. I'll keep you posted.

Lara

Lara

Hi ya,

I'm glad that you get on well with your councellor, thats always a good thing.
I myself have issues with meeting new people and going to new places, I get very anxious and stressed and are what people used to call "cute, shy and bashfull" these no longer hold their weight as I'm not 22 and way beony cute lol.

I try and avoid conversation for the same reasons as yourself, fear of putting my foot in it if you like, making a pratt of myself. I think alot of people call me either a people-pleaser or that I try too hard and that I seek acceptance, I NEED to be liked. Not the case.

I have a "take me as you find me" attitude however that changes on a daily basis and my mood alot quicker.

I get stressed over the silliest things, am very sensitive and tend to be very emphatic.

It takes me a long time to lose my temper but it happens and in the run up I can be really agressive and nasty, I find that people in general are the biggest concern there.

There is alot to simply rattle off and it is all interlinked and quite complex, but I tell you now, you are not stupid or retarded. you came seeking advice that is smart. :)

I hope it works out for you and that you learn alot about yourself. we human beings are multi-facited creatures capable of many things.

Q

quality factor

Hi you need to go to see your therapist with an 'open mind' on a diagnosis and not be certain that you have BPD. You may be looking for symptoms which are not there. I have BPD and the signs and symtoms you talk about don't sound too familiar to be honest.
Tell your therapist exactly the problems that you are experiencing and see what he/she suggests.

icetsunami

icetsunami

Founding Member
There are many occasions when a multitude of sympoms may be present and with proper help multi[ple disorders can be uncovered. Just for an example only, the feeling of saying or doing inappropiate things at the wrong times can be a feature of Tourettes Syndrome. Honestly, the things I've said over the years.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
AlwaysCurious Do I even have borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
Amelia2020 I suspect I have Borderline Personality Disorder :( Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
M Relationships when you have borderline personality disorder. Are you really polyamorous/ENM or is it just the borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
T Do you think i have Borderline Personality Disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
J Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
TheEagle15 Whats borderline personality disorder like? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
O Can you have strong psychosis with Borderline Personality Disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 45
Jahjah Opinions? Could I have borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
C I might be suffering from borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
J I suffer alot of mental health disorders but my borderline personality disorder is a livin nightmare lookin for support with people who understand me Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
Jleighm Living with Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
L What is the best medication for borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
S Does this sound like borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
A Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
P Borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
D Is BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER A CHOICE? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
F Borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
J Could I have borderline personality disorder even if I don't self harm? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
B i was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, should i be worried Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
B do i have borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
V Borderline Personality Disorder getting worse? Advice needed Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
A I think I have borderline personality disorder, please help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
E Sociopath with Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
S Borderline Personality Disorder and PIP Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
B Are there any other parents on here who have borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
A Fiance showing signs of Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 22
S New Diagnosis of Borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
R Traits of Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
B Recently diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. Help me. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
C Drugs and borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
MarquesMonroe Borderline & Antisocial Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
A Borderline Personality Disorder and DBT Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
F Borderline personality disorder associates with violent criminality in women Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
Y I think I have Borderline Personality Disorder... But I've never been diagnosed of it Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
F Is it bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
E Is there a link between borderline personality disorder and sex and love addiction? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
F [Auditory verbal hallucinations in patients with borderline personality disorder] Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
M Borderline Personality Disorder is a heritable brain disease Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
amathus Stigmatizing Borderline Personality Disorder.... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
C Borderline Personality Disorder – a feminist critique Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
amathus Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder in a friend or loved one (Article) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
B Have borderline personality disorder and hear voices Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 20
F Childhood trauma, midbrain activation and psychotic symptoms in borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
K Borderline Personality Disorder/Emotionally unstable personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
T borderline personality disorder? HELP Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
F Borderline Personality Disorder: New Perspectives on a Stigmatizing and Overused Diagnosis Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
F The attitudes of psychiatric hospital staff toward hospitalization and treatment of patients with borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
A Difference between borderline personality disorder and borderline personality complex? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
amathus Loving somebody with Borderline Personality Disorder.. Article Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 24
F Stigma in bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder: time for a cultural shift. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4