Borderline personality Disorder

W

worryworth

Those of you who have been diagnosed with BPD would you please share your symptoms and behaviour with me. I'm seeing a therapist soon and would like to be familiar with the BPD before I meet her. I have been called 'crazy' and 'retarded' most of my life I also find it difficult to be connected and carry on a meaningful and intelligent conversation after an hour. I get stressed out, nervous and panic that I might say something crazy, wierd, rude or inappropriate. After an hour of meeting I feel I am ready to be alone and be my free self. Does this sound like BPD?

W

worryworth

Thank you for your reply. I met with my counselor today for the first time and we 'click'. She seems like a very good listener also she has a lot of experience working with people like me. I'll keep you posted.

Lara

Lara

Hi ya,

I'm glad that you get on well with your councellor, thats always a good thing.
I myself have issues with meeting new people and going to new places, I get very anxious and stressed and are what people used to call "cute, shy and bashfull" these no longer hold their weight as I'm not 22 and way beony cute lol.

I try and avoid conversation for the same reasons as yourself, fear of putting my foot in it if you like, making a pratt of myself. I think alot of people call me either a people-pleaser or that I try too hard and that I seek acceptance, I NEED to be liked. Not the case.

I have a "take me as you find me" attitude however that changes on a daily basis and my mood alot quicker.

I get stressed over the silliest things, am very sensitive and tend to be very emphatic.

It takes me a long time to lose my temper but it happens and in the run up I can be really agressive and nasty, I find that people in general are the biggest concern there.

There is alot to simply rattle off and it is all interlinked and quite complex, but I tell you now, you are not stupid or retarded. you came seeking advice that is smart. :)

I hope it works out for you and that you learn alot about yourself. we human beings are multi-facited creatures capable of many things.

Q

quality factor

Hi you need to go to see your therapist with an 'open mind' on a diagnosis and not be certain that you have BPD. You may be looking for symptoms which are not there. I have BPD and the signs and symtoms you talk about don't sound too familiar to be honest.
Tell your therapist exactly the problems that you are experiencing and see what he/she suggests.

icetsunami

icetsunami

Founding Member
There are many occasions when a multitude of sympoms may be present and with proper help multi[ple disorders can be uncovered. Just for an example only, the feeling of saying or doing inappropiate things at the wrong times can be a feature of Tourettes Syndrome. Honestly, the things I've said over the years.