Borderline personality disorder

A

Arbor

Hello I have been suffering with bpd for 42 years. I was just recently diagnosed within the last 6 months. I am struggling with life every second. I am facing being homeless as of June 1. My car is broken and I can’t afford to fix it right now. All I want is to feel normal.

W

WonderwallGirl

welcome to the forum, Arbor!
I'm sorry your struggling and hope the situation gets better soon. Is there anyone near you whom you can ask for help?

Lunus

Lunus

Hello I have been suffering with bpd for 42 years. I was just recently diagnosed within the last 6 months. I am struggling with life every second. I am facing being homeless as of June 1. My car is broken and I can’t afford to fix it right now. All I want is to feel normal.
Hello mate. Similar to you I’ve recently been diagnosed with BPD after suffering all my life. At least we now know so can address the issue! Personally I’ve bought a Mindfulness Audio Book that I listen to five days a week and it has greatly reduced my suffering. I’m starting DBT Therapy shortly to compliment this. Good luck in your struggle.

J

Jules5

You seem to be in a bad spot right now. Just take slow breathes and know you are going to make it. Sometimes we have to take on minute at a time and relief our worrying. worrying does not change anything if it is constant. I am so sorry and hope all will turn out I am sure it will. Hugs

A

Arbor

welcome to the forum, Arbor!
I'm sorry your struggling and hope the situation gets better soon. Is there anyone near you whom you can ask for help?
Hello, thank you for your response🙏
I moved here not long ago and don’t know really anyone. Today was a bit better. I made myself go for a hike with my dog and even tho it rained we had a good time. I have been talking to a friend from back home and it has helped. It is kinda scary to me how fast I can spiral downhill tho. I am on celexa and working hard to improve. I can’t wait to start DBT but need to be more financially stable first.
Again thank you

A

Arbor

Hello mate. Similar to you I’ve recently been diagnosed with BPD after suffering all my life. At least we now know so can address the issue! Personally I’ve bought a Mindfulness Audio Book that I listen to five days a week and it has greatly reduced my suffering. I’m starting DBT Therapy shortly to compliment this. Good luck in your struggle.
Thank you my friend. This is true-at least we know now what is going on. Forever it seems I felt something was off, way off. Congrats on starting dbt! I am looking forward to starting as soon as I can. By any chance can you tell me the name of the mindfulness cd? Sounds like it could help.
Thank you and hope you have a great day

A

Arbor

Thank you my friend. This is true-at least we know now what is going on. Forever it seems I felt something was off, way off. Congrats on starting dbt! I am looking forward to starting as soon as I can. By any chance can you tell me the name of the mindfulness cd? Sounds like it could help.

A

Arbor

You seem to be in a bad spot right now. Just take slow breathes and know you are going to make it. Sometimes we have to take on minute at a time and relief our worrying. worrying does not change anything if it is constant. I am so sorry and hope all will turn out I am sure it will. Hugs
🙏Thank you so much 🙏
I have been feeling overwhelmed with all that has happened and all I need to get done. I have not been present or taking one thing at a time and I appreciate you suggesting I do. I am in the early process of figuring myself out in regards to bpd. It explains so much. I took a nice hike with my dog today and it helps when I get out in nature.
Thank you for your kind words, I wish you the absolute best 🙏

A

Arbor

Thank you all for the support🙏
I was not expecting it and it has helped very much to know I am not alone in this.

Lunus

Lunus

The Audio book is called Mindfulness for Borderline Personality Disorder -Relieve your suffering using the core skill of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. It’s by Blaise Aguirre and Gillian Galen.
I have to say that after listening to it I snapped into being mindful for probably the first time in my life! My therapist has said I can skip the Mindfulness module in DBT as I’ve learnt so much from this, so it’s saved me a lot of money as well lol.