• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Borderline Personality Disorder...

S

sweetlily

I have been attempting to cope with my borderline personality disorder symptoms for nearly seven years. The past two years have been particularly interesting because my symptoms seem to come and go, but the cycles can be a month or two at a time. There are periods of time in which my symptoms are so manageable that I feel almost "normal" again. However, there are other periods of time when my symptoms are incredibly intolerable and unmanageable. I find the extremes very difficult to accept and deal with.

Please note that even when my symptoms are well managed, I still struggle with frequent mood swings, etc.

I am wondering if anyone else with a personality disorder can provide some insight. Does anyone experience longer periods in which the symptoms are completely manageable? Does this mean I am beginning to "recover"?

Thank you.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: sweetlily :flowers:

I don't know enough of bpd to say anything , sorry.
My OH has been told he has traits from various PD's and i'm still trying to get me head around that.

N

Nixicurlz

im really happy to hear from someone else who experiences their bpd like i do. i go for about 3 months maybe 4 before i totally shut down and end up doing something to myself and cant function. i also experience the mood swings and a few minor bad times in between :)

Lara

Lara

Hey,

you know it irritates the hell out of me when the drs say BPD. Its like they cant figure out what to diagnose us as.

I'm suffering too at the moment. I came off of lofepramine in february this year and I my mood started slipping in July around my Birthday at the moment, my mood is easily changable -aggitation being the main one on view of every one to see.

I'm trying really hard to fight the urge just to go off on my own, last night I went to a friends house where I knew I wouldnt get the opportunity to be on my own. It actually made me feel worse.

I;ve got constant headaches, I'm continually exhausted. I'm starting to get tearful but I'm mostly indifferent to every thing and every one. I've started phasing out when people are talking to me, I cant concentrate on anything for longer than 30mins and insomnia is making is come back.

I know where you are and all I can do is empathise I'm afraid. The best thing you can do is watch out for the warning signs and recognise when your cycle changes. Dont leave it too late before seeking help.

I'm giving myself another two weeks before I see my doctor, just to see if it will pass.

your in my thoughts, and I hate to say it but you never really recover. you have your ups with your downs. hopfully your on your way to a good sustained "stable" period :)

M

Missfit

Hiya, i've been diagnosed with BPD since I was 26, so three years now but have had it at least 15yrs. Do you get help from a Therapeutic Community? I find if i'm away from others it's manageable, because when I have a BPD mood swing it's triggered by someone, comes on like lightening, literally bang, and goes within a few hours. Also, it's much more distressing & intense than my Bipolar depression.
I find it can be triggered alot online by people & rl, when I was working I really really struggled too. I guess because it's all about emotion regulation & relationships. Apparently as we get older it can ease up tho i'm not sure it ever really goes, i'm finding it easier now but whether that's age or no triggers idk.
I do worry that it'll come back, but will be going to one of the Stop & Think groups the local TC run soon & hope to learn to deal with it. I hope you do go longer with stable moods, I know how terrifying it is & for me it's 100x more scary than the Bipolar. When I get a BPD attack come on I have to talk to someone & panic.
Sorry, not much help but I understand x