• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Borderline Personality Disorder Warwickshire

ellamental

ellamental

Founding Member
My partner has Borderline Personality Disorder and is moving areas. He is moving to Warwickshire so I was wondering if anyone else has this and is in group therapy/psychotherapy in Warwickshire and what services are on offer here? Also are there any local groups that meet up in Warwickshire? This is in its early days but my be of interest to anyone with BPD as well thanks :)
www.living-on-the borderline@socialgo.com

I

ipropupthisgravytrain

well Ellamental, I am in South West Birmingham and PD services are said to be very poor, and in my experience they truly are. There was a residential psychotherapy place called Main House, but that closed due to too few people being referred, and now I think they are considering group therapy, but nothing is up and running, and funding has not happened - yet. There is Forensic stuff in a place called Ardenleigh in Erdington, but not much at all for the rest of us. More psychological therapies than there used to be nationwide but i believe Devon House in Stirchely that works mainly psychodynamically is now much less inclined to do long term work, and mostly now seems to be working with people with manic depression or schizophrenia, I believe the new consultants there have written contracts to deter them from working with PDs. So, dont come to birmingham whatever you do!

U

unique86

im from warwickshire and go somewhere called avenue house
im gonna be starting dbt soon
ive seen a couple of cpn there and they seem nice enough so far lol

B

beth-bpd

I also go to avenue house and have dbt for bpd. How do you find it?

U

unique86

I don't have dbt anymore as my health is to bad to be ready for it so I'm currently seeing a psychiatrist and on antipychotics I did dbt for about 3 months

B

beth-bpd

Sorry to hear that. I've been on antipsychotics for 2 years
and found them really helpful

U

unique86

Yeh my psychiatrist keeps j
Upping my dosage trying to get the right dosage.