• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Borderline PD

R

RubyAnn

Hello

I have just found out that i 'meet the criteria' for Borderline Personality Disorder and now i don't know what to do. I'm so confused.

I wanted to have the assessment done because i knew there was something more than just depression wrong with me, now i've got the answer and i dont know what to do now.

:confused::confused::confused:

RubyAnn

R

RubyAnn

I'd be really grateful for any one expereinces and thoughts

thanks
Ruby Ann

ellamental

ellamental

Founding Member
shut up ella about BPD will you

Hello Ruby Ann and:welcome:
I dont have BPD (I have bipolar II or manic depression) but I have read a little about BPD and have two very good friends with it. Dont panic lovely..you are still you. The diagnoses day is a bit of a shocker and I remember that...shit..what do I do!? feeling and still get it from time ot time (only diagnosed in Jan) and once in a while felt I had to live up to being mad..had one day when I was just completely nuts all day with a friend ..sating inapropriate things and laughing outloud...it didnt last luckily for her. Anyway ..just wanted to say...maybe you dont need to DO anything just now but think about it slowly and then maybe read a bit about BPD (there are probably others but these two are good...Get Me Out of Here...My recovery from BPD by Rachel Reiland and the BPD Survival Guide. books and lectures on itunes by Linehan, Marsha. Also look up Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and Mindfulness on the net or on here. Has your medication changed as a reult of this diagnoses and are you on a list for any psychotherapy or counselling? My money is on Dialectical behaviour therapy although I recently heard about mentalisation for help with BPD.

This I read from someone on here and cant remember who it is but copied it to email to a friend and it helped me enormously....

"I don't know anyone who has had a diagnosis of a major mental health problem and been able to accept it immediately. I spent the first 10 years looking for something else for it to be. It was only when my current consultant took me on and has spent a lot of time and effort with me that I've accepted it. He taught me that the diagnosis is almost like the day you begin to grieve for yourself, that you've lost the person you were and the person you thought you were going to be and you have to let all that go and almost start again. Once I'd got to that part then I could accept the situation for what it was and begin to move on."

Hope this isnt all too much and I have freaked you out! Sorry if this is the case...I will shut up now and go and paint my loo
Ella

H

Happygolightly

I have it but was originally misdiagnosed bi polar. I am trying to get on to DBT group stuff as I found just one to one with a therapist wasnt enough... but I am going to have to go private and way way out of my area.