Book recommendation please

J

johnram

Hi,
I am keen to get a recommendation on a book covering BPD. I ask as i am under the Complex PTSD banner, but given the two have a lot of similarities, i would be keen on something simple (small book), that explains BPD well.

thank you kindly

Lunus

Lunus

Hi,
I am keen to get a recommendation on a book covering BPD. I ask as i am under the Complex PTSD banner, but given the two have a lot of similarities, i would be keen on something simple (small book), that explains BPD well.

thank you kindly
I found these useful

The Borderline Personality Disorder Survival Guide by Alexander Chapman and Kim Gratz.

Mindfulness for Borderline Personality Disorder by Blaise Aguirre and Gillian Galen.

The later I got as an audio book and is focused on DBT so should cover what you need. Good luck.

Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Staff Member on Leave
Hi John

I found this book really fantastic. I bought it straight after my diagnosis, not really understanding very much about BPD at all.

Borderline Personality Disorder
A guide for the recently diagnosed

Also by Alexander Chapman & Kim Gratz

It's a slim book - covers everything - and is very easy to read and understand. It was my life-saver. I also gave it to my husband to read and he also found it very good.

I got in on the Book Depository website for about €10....

J

johnram

thank you for that, have added some to basket

Poppy2014

Poppy2014

I found Borderline Personality Disorder for Dummies really helpful :hug:
Please no, I can honestly say this was the only book review I left on Amazon that was so scathing it could have stripped wallpaper.
I was told to read this book, apart from the fact it's American (I'm English) it was so negative after the second read to make sure I really had read what I thought I spent 2 weeks working with the Samaritans as it left me suicidal.

If you sit in the cPTSD field there is an excellent book called Complex PTSD from surviving to thriving by Pete Walker.
This practically covers BPD due to the overlap. Once I read this I could relate much more to this than BPD.

There is a good new book out called Borderline Personality Disorder Workbook, By Daniel Fox, it overlaps with cPTSD so it's good for that.

K

Keesha

Today I’m going to pick up Mindfulness for Border Personality Disorder and am excited to read it and hopefully start understanding myself better