• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

bofrrline personality disorder versus schizorphonia

XMHA

XMHA

BPD vs schizophrenia?

I'm not exactly sure how or, even why you would be confused. Could you elaborate just a bit?

?

>.<

They're very very different. BPD and Bipolar can be similar however, but schizophrenia is different.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I think its the opposite. I was dx bipolar a few years ago but recently was showing some symptoms of schitzphrenia, as the two crossed over i was given a new dx of schizoaffective .My medications were changed and at last i have something that seems to be helping me.

I cant say i know of anyone with BPD and schizophrenia,but i have come across people with bipolar and mild to moderate schitzophrenia. That tho is not to say that it is unheard of,its just that i havnt come across it

dib4uk

dib4uk

I would suggest that its more likely for a person to be bpd and anxiety disorders, or mood disorders than it is to have schizophrenia but then again i could be totally wrong.

mypd

mypd

My schizophrenic friend and I explored this question (I have "Mostly" borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder and anxiety disorder). We decided that the largest difference was less voices and hallucinations. Other than that, we both tend to over react to things. Can you imagine the plight of poor waitress serving our table.

Mypd

M

mylife

I don’t understand are they fighting each other for control

if you have both then maybe a doctor can help you I think schizophrinia is where you have like really serious problems with other people inside your head or soemthing liek that but i dotn know