body memories

pentagram

pentagram

I often hear that some of my aches and pains get worse cos of the stress I am under, could be psychosomatic, ie the body is reflecting what the mind is doing to it but I wonder if this is the wrong way around.

Has my body got memories of it's own? I always wake up with aches and pains far worse than when I went to bed. Is my body remembering what went on when I had electroshock aversion therapy and is trying to make my mind aware of what went on.

I don't know, I am just confused I guess

Javed12

Javed12

I don't know, I am just confused I guess
Not necessarily...

http://www.skepdic.com/cellular.html

It's not mainstream, research is in its infancy although there are some interesting stories that link cellular memory to personality changes in donor recipients (receipients taking on one or more personality traits or characteristics of the donor). I'm not suggesting cellullar memory is definitely what's going on (Occams razor suggests you may want to check your mattress first) but you could be on to something...

amathus

amathus

A thought provoking article.

I'm convinced that my mum experiences some form of body memory
of the electric shock therapy she underwent in the sixties...she experiences forms of
very sharp whizzing type flashes through her head from time to time which she says are
extremely unpleasant.
On the contrary, I received electric shock therapy seven years ago and do not experience any
thing like she does.

I remain sceptical on balance.

qf.

maxitab

maxitab

Don't know if it is relevant qf but Venlafaxine is notorious for these flashes and sizzles in the head.......my mum had ECT in the sixties too and she lost her memory......one of the reasons I stayed away from MH services for 30 years......