• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Body Comparison and Anorexia

A

Annie23

Hi everyone
I have Anorexia Nervosa. I am currently at Home to visit my family for a few days and i have a sister who is 6 years younger than me. She is also 160 cm tall. I am 26 years old and around 160 cm in height. I notice that she wakes up very late usually at around lunch time , so she skips breakfast and eats lunch in small portions and has crisps/sweets for dinner or home made food. She eats only 2 meals but very small portions. This triggers me so much, and i keep comparing myself to her and i make sure i eat less than her. I see what she eats and i try to eat nothing or less than her. I constantly track what she is eating and i keep pushing her to eat more. I know for the fact that i shouldnt compare myself and should focus on my goal of gaining weight instead of restricting myself and following what diet she follows.
I feel awful. I feel like i shouldnt compare myself. Its her life, she does what she wants. Ive told her not to diet but my condition is worst than her. I feel terrible about comparing myself and i just cant stop myself from watching her every move when it comes to eating food. How should i stop this behavior? what can i do?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JeanPierre

You need professional help.
This is beyond you.
Best luck!

calypso

calypso

Admin
Do you have help with your Anorexia? As for comparing to your sister, does she also have an eating disorder? I wonder if you both need help. YOu say "eat nothing" but that is bound to end up in hospital isn't it? I wish I had an answer for you, but hopefully others will be along soon with more help for you.

P

Purpleplum

Your body is not like hers...different build, different metabolism, different everything. You will need to stop comparing yourself to others in any way in order to get better. Try to love yourself and who you are, that is how you will get stronger.