• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Body After Baby - Can Anyone Relate?

L

LifeCycle

My body is completely different since having not my first, but my second child. I feel like I need to be even thinner to look the same exact way I did, after my first child. Does that make sense? My tummy and love handles need work, and the thing is, I wake up at 4 AM to put in the work. My husband thinks that since I'm near goal weight (5-10 pounds away), I'm having trouble. I'm so tired of the scale not moving. Then I binge, and week after week, I gain, then lose, gain, lose the same 3 pounds. I'm so tired. I've been stuck since early September. :rofl2:

Lord knows I absolutely love my children, and they're my first priority in this world. 👶 But I feel like I cannot get off this moving train. My youngest will be a year in just a few days - I thought I'd be much better off than I am at this point.
Homeschooling is intensely stressful that I binge in the middle of the day! Then, I just feel bad about it the rest of the day, and worry the entire night until I jump on the scale the next morning. Then the number dictates if it will be a good or bad day!

Anybody going through something similar?
:thanks:

S

survivingalone0308

I can relate in a different way. I have had a daughter 2 years ago now and struggle with BDD. even before pregnancy I always felt i had to be extremely thin. Now that I am pregnant again, I struggle with my body as well. I am terrified of what my body will look like afterwards. I am hoping I can accept my body the way it will be but also, i know i won't do exercise or much like that to get thinner i just sit here instead and wish i could be thinner. The only thing i know is that its hard to do, accepting yourself the way it will be. But know you are not alone....it something you must do one day at a time.

Remind yourself...that any extra weight or anything is like stretch marks...beauty marks from an experience not every female can experience. Maybe that will help....it helps me at times. I sometimes just don't know what to say but know that you aren't alone. <3

L

LifeCycle

I can relate in a different way. I have had a daughter 2 years ago now and struggle with BDD. even before pregnancy I always felt i had to be extremely thin. Now that I am pregnant again, I struggle with my body as well. I am terrified of what my body will look like afterwards. I am hoping I can accept my body the way it will be but also, i know i won't do exercise or much like that to get thinner i just sit here instead and wish i could be thinner. The only thing i know is that its hard to do, accepting yourself the way it will be. But know you are not alone....it something you must do one day at a time.

Remind yourself...that any extra weight or anything is like stretch marks...beauty marks from an experience not every female can experience. Maybe that will help....it helps me at times. I sometimes just don't know what to say but know that you aren't alone. <3
Thank you so much for responding. This was so beautifully said. First of all, a huge Congratulations on your pregnancy! 👶 I also have a 2 year old daughter.

Absolutely agree. I think SO often of all the women that don't have the opportunity to undergo a pregnancy, or lose a pregnancy. It does ground me, for sure. Makes me so sad - I react to it so emotionally.

I suppose the flaws are here to stay, and it is so hard to accept. It's like a scar that healed unevenly, emotionally and physically. I try to put in the work to iron them out, day in and day out, but my body is fighting me to stay a higher weight.

Your kind words certainly help. I wish you all the very best of health and happiness for you and baby, and the rest of your precious family.:)

R

Rex Smith

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I got lipo almost 2 years ago for my lower stomach and love handles area with fat transfer, bigger booty. I'm flat as a board but I do workout daily to keep firm muscle tones. It's probably the best thing I've ever spent money on. Eliminating that bs back and forth stress of weight. One of my walls is all mirrors, I'm that type.

S

survivingalone0308

Thank you so much for responding. This was so beautifully said. First of all, a huge Congratulations on your pregnancy! 👶 I also have a 2 year old daughter.

Absolutely agree. I think SO often of all the women that don't have the opportunity to undergo a pregnancy, or lose a pregnancy. It does ground me, for sure. Makes me so sad - I react to it so emotionally.

I suppose the flaws are here to stay, and it is so hard to accept. It's like a scar that healed unevenly, emotionally and physically. I try to put in the work to iron them out, day in and day out, but my body is fighting me to stay a higher weight.

Your kind words certainly help. I wish you all the very best of health and happiness for you and baby, and the rest of your precious family.:)
Thank you so much! im glad i could give some hope and and encouraging words :) <3 Praying for the best for you and and sometimes our bodies aren't meant to be a certain weight or size.

L

LifeCycle

I got lipo almost 2 years ago for my lower stomach and love handles area with fat transfer, bigger booty. I'm flat as a board but I do workout daily to keep firm muscle tones. It's probably the best thing I've ever spent money on. Eliminating that bs back and forth stress of weight. One of my walls is all mirrors, I'm that type.
Hi there, if you don't mind me asking - what are your internal struggles? I'm curious as I tend to avoid mirrors at all costs. Fitting room mirrors are the worst for me. Even worse, if it is a three-way mirror. Makes my mood dip horribly. Best if I buy the merchandise, try it on at home in dim lighting, and return it if needed. I wish I felt wonderful in front of a mirror. Sometimes cosmetic procedures, if all else fails, are an option and I can only imagine that it helps that awful back and forth!