• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

boderline personality disorder and self harm

R

rcc8128

today is a typical day, woke at 3-30, drinking lots of coffee, smoking lots of cigs, very depressed and self harmed again ( 4th time this week ) i have been self harming for 40 years and don't think i will ever stop. mostly i tend to myself but sometimes i need to go to a+e. i have had counselling, support workers, regular visits to my psychiatrist and have a day care centre i can go to. NOTHING WORKS !!! at the moment i am trying isolation and haven't been out for 5 weeks, getting my food and cigs delivered. please if you read this and reply do not suggest religion. i have tried all faiths and find them all hypocritical and now am completely agnostic. i am no good socially and if anyone knows of somewhere i can go and be a recluse any suggestions would be gladly received. thanks for taking the time to read this, if you have similar feelings i have no good advice i'm sorry, just try to survive each day until the glorious day you die.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi

And :welcome: to the forum.

I'm so sorry that you feel so low and finding things so difficult.

I have/had borderline personality disorder and used to self harm.

I say I had BPD because I don't really meet the criteria for it any more, however will always have the vulnerabilities.

I was really helped by some treatment called Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. It was the first time I received a treatment directly for my BPD, and was also the first time I met people who really knew what it was like to suffer from BPD. Everyone in my DBT group saw a huge improvement from their BPD if not 'cured'.

I was lucky to be one of the first people in my area to receive it, and due to its successes it is being rolled out across the country to other health authorities.

I'm not sure what else to say, apart from that I do have some understanding of what you are going through, and this forum is very supportive. A lot of people see a great improvement in their MH by being here, as no one can under-estimate the power of being understood and supported. I hope you find this site as helpful as I have. :)