• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

boderline personality disorder and self harm

R

rcc8128

today is a typical day, woke at 3-30, drinking lots of coffee, smoking lots of cigs, very depressed and self harmed again ( 4th time this week ) i have been self harming for 40 years and don't think i will ever stop. mostly i tend to myself but sometimes i need to go to a+e. i have had counselling, support workers, regular visits to my psychiatrist and have a day care centre i can go to. NOTHING WORKS !!! at the moment i am trying isolation and haven't been out for 5 weeks, getting my food and cigs delivered. please if you read this and reply do not suggest religion. i have tried all faiths and find them all hypocritical and now am completely agnostic. i am no good socially and if anyone knows of somewhere i can go and be a recluse any suggestions would be gladly received. thanks for taking the time to read this, if you have similar feelings i have no good advice i'm sorry, just try to survive each day until the glorious day you die.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi

And :welcome: to the forum.

I'm so sorry that you feel so low and finding things so difficult.

I have/had borderline personality disorder and used to self harm.

I say I had BPD because I don't really meet the criteria for it any more, however will always have the vulnerabilities.

I was really helped by some treatment called Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. It was the first time I received a treatment directly for my BPD, and was also the first time I met people who really knew what it was like to suffer from BPD. Everyone in my DBT group saw a huge improvement from their BPD if not 'cured'.

I was lucky to be one of the first people in my area to receive it, and due to its successes it is being rolled out across the country to other health authorities.

I'm not sure what else to say, apart from that I do have some understanding of what you are going through, and this forum is very supportive. A lot of people see a great improvement in their MH by being here, as no one can under-estimate the power of being understood and supported. I hope you find this site as helpful as I have. :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Looking for Boderline Personality Support Group Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
soulsearcher feling down and fast speech mind going 100mph/confused/split personality Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 16
K Is it possible to have two personality disorders??? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
AlwaysCurious Do I even have borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
Amelia2020 I suspect I have Borderline Personality Disorder :( Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
M Relationships when you have borderline personality disorder. Are you really polyamorous/ENM or is it just the borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
T Do you think i have Borderline Personality Disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
TheEagle15 What is Personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
Z More than one personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
J Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
TheEagle15 Whats borderline personality disorder like? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
S Personality Transformation with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
W I push everyone (romantic interests) away with my intense personality Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
S Having personality amnesia (is this a real phenomena?) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
O Can you have strong psychosis with Borderline Personality Disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 45
Jahjah Opinions? Could I have borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
J What BPD personality trait troubles you the most? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 30
S Schizotypol personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
LittleMissNameless Why are they called Personality Disorders? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
C I might be suffering from borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
K Quick online test for Border Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
J I suffer alot of mental health disorders but my borderline personality disorder is a livin nightmare lookin for support with people who understand me Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
Jleighm Living with Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
M Dealing with the other Psychotic Personality! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
midnightphoenix Can forum staffs ban BPD personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
midnightphoenix Emotional Unstable Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 26
L What is the best medication for borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
S Does this sound like borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
A Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
Deadheading Video: Borderline Personality: Loved Ones - You Can't Rescue Them Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
M Friends with Personality Disorder Advice on Dealing with Appropriately Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
P Borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
J Borderline personality diagnosis Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
S Personality disorder assessment - ADHD too? Advice needed Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
D Is BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER A CHOICE? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
F Borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
J Could I have borderline personality disorder even if I don't self harm? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
B i was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, should i be worried Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
B do i have borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
V Borderline Personality Disorder getting worse? Advice needed Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
R Is it possible to have BPD with another personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
A I think I have borderline personality disorder, please help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
E Sociopath with Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
S Borderline Personality Disorder and PIP Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
G Borderline personality disorders symptoms? Not diagnosed!! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
B Are there any other parents on here who have borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
A Fiance showing signs of Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 22
S New Diagnosis of Borderline personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
M 'enduring personality change due to catastrophic experience' Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
R Traits of Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15