• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Blushing

P

pingpong

Ok I'l try to keep this short. I'm 21 years old, when i was in the last year of highschool me and someone blushed in my group of friends and everyone laughed, it wasn't a big deal they wern't upset or anything but from then on a few of us started blushing all the time, its was just one of those things but anyway i had it trough my last year of highschool (in the UK so i was 16) and when i left i was fine and never blushed again.
Ok so last year I was hanging around at a friends alot, I went on holiday for 2 weeks and when i returned a new set of people where hanging around there, i knew them but not too much, so i was sat there on the couch and someone asked me for my phone so i let him borrow it and when he had finished he began to tease me abit like throwing it to his friend back and forth which didn't bother me but then someone threw it and it landed on the floor and everone was like "ooooo" and for some reason i went bright red, this didn't happen to me anyone i didn't understand and someone pointed it out and people laughed, then it happened again a bit later, it was if i was traumatised by it. Much worse than this has happened to me in social situations and i handled them fine but on this particular occasion i blushed.

So since that day i felt so anxious all the time when I'm around people, I've had anxiety before so I know it is anxiety because its similar to before, as soon as I'm in any kind of social situation and the attention is on me then boom i go red.
Its killing me, i was out all the time before this happened and now i sit at home and only go out at weekends when i can drink which helps on that night but when i wake up wow i feel even worse that day about any kind of social interaction.
At first i thought it will pass like it did last time i had anxiety il find a way to get over it like last time, but its not happening in my mind was that I'm not myself anyone but now this is becoming myself, I'm terrified that soon I won't be able to remember what i used to be like and I'l be stuck as this blushing idiot.

I know i said Id keep it short lol sorry but thats the best i could do :rolleyes:

P

pingpong

just realised that i've already posted my problem on this forum. its a few topics below if anyone can help.

I find it ironic that blushing is highlighted in red lol :redface: