• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Blue Monday?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Well, according to some study done some years back, this is considered the most depressing day of the year.

What do you reckon? Are you feeling it?

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

yep im feeling it :( hope your okay SS xoxoxoxoxox

F

FallenAngel2

It's Sunday night I have always struggled with. Just a deep, bitter resentment for it. As a kid and teenager and even into my early 20's I struggled with it. Then my Grandad passed away and my whole outlook and attitude changed and I got my sleep back, but I still hate Sunday nights!

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Interesting..
I can't say today feels any more depressing than any other day, to be honest.

But I can see why this is a down day for people - funds running low, cold weather, post-Christmas blues.

M

mind_the_cones

Today was actually ok for me! I felt fine mentally, but was very tired from the moment I woke up (got up earlier than I would on day off to walk Dogs). So much so, I ended up going for a 30 minute snooze after lunch! (don't like sleeping durng the day, as it makes it more difficult to sleep at night).

Yesterday, on the other hand.... I've always hated Sunday's because of the "night before" feeling I always got before School/Uni the next day (I'm so happy that I don't have work on Monday's!). It's still stuck with me, after all this time. All my worries seem at the front of my mind, and I've found nothing that helps me relax totally (not even American Football on TV, which I very much enjoy!). Sunday is by far my worst and least favourite day of the week, and I wish our calendar's would skip them :(

So yeah, any Sunday is the worst day of the year for me...

Matthew

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
elliepaige20 Mental Health Experiences 5