Blood results !!!

Oldskool71

Oldskool71

Hi everyone I've not posted in a while still going through the same crap servere fatigue,depression and anxiety shite flushing on edge etc . I've resently had my bloods done the doctor put me on another medication prebabbilin (Lycra) to help with anxiety and depression didn't work more symptoms. I've just had a look at my bloods they seem ok due at docs tomorrow for a chat and results. I can't believe that all these symptoms can just be anxiety and depression due to life traumas and I have to live with them and it's all in your head thoughts etc. I would welcome any advice and people's thoughts to this minefield I don't seem to be able to fix or move on from thanks .

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Unfortunately anxiety can cause a host of problems including all those you mentioned. As long as you’ve had tests done and they’ve all come back clear you can pretty much put it down to anxiety. I’ve had all sorts of test for my rapid heart beat due to anxiety. I was convinced I was having a heart attack several times a day. But beta blockers have helped slow it down. When I went for my pip assessment I was sweating that much that she offered me tissues to wipe my face and put a fan on. Tho my daughter was freezing and sat with her coat on.
There may be some other medication that can help you so I suggest you discuss this with your GP when you see him.

Oldskool71

Oldskool71

Thanks for the reply daffy and it is a nightmare all these physical symptoms. I flush really badly with just family and going to docs etc, I feel for everyone who has this crap it's horrible. I understand we all have life's traumas but how can we stop it apart from medication even that doesn't work for me. I've tried everything you name it I've done it, or do I just have to live with it the best way I can which I can't. I feel like your going insane and it stops you living a normal existence.

S

Sara_1978

Have you tried any therapy such as cbt?
I found it really helpful when I was suffering with anxiety.
I now have health anxiety and thought therapy would help me again but unfortunately the therapist this time wasn’t as good and basically fed my thoughts that something terrible was going to happen regarding my health!

S

Sara_1978

P.s I also have a very hard time accepting that anxiety can cause these symptoms.

Oldskool71

Oldskool71

Hi Sara yes I did try group therapy for 6 weeks forced myself to do it that didn't help at all made me more anxious. I haven't tried 1to1 about the only thing I haven't tried 🙄 I was on the list but unfortunately my mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer so they said I wasn't ready for it so took me of the list nice of them. I have just started taking magnesium and vitamin d3 hoping it will help with depression and all the lovely symptoms 😩. I just can't believe anxiety can cause all this and for so long I'm convinced it's a medical problem I suppose that's my health anxiety too 👍.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

have not had a blood test in years i need to get one :hidesbehindsofa:

Oldskool71

Oldskool71

My first one for about 10 years I know how you feel I didn't have time to think about it that much as it was done straight after my last doctors appointment thank god was still crapping myself 😂😂.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wolram Depression Forum 53
S Depression Forum 1